Confirmed with Link: Jackets sign Sean Monahan 5x5.5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Don't hate it. Hate 5 years more than 5.5 per. I was thinking he would want 6+ per year to come here.
I'm very meh about it. It gives us depth for the kids and HOPEFULLY helps Johnny. I'm not holding my breath that this suddenly kick-starts Gaudreau though.

And we still need to make some moves on D, desperately.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
A lot worse than I expected. That being said, cap is rising so it's affordable enough.

I'm going to choose to look at this as glass half full, decent upgrade on Roslovic, for 1.5m more.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
oh of course. Not 5x5, 5x5.5, because it wasn't bad enough already that we were looking that closely at a center whose sole contributing strength is a Well-Known Name.

Now all we have to do is dump Jenner, Laine, and one or more of the RFA kids for picks and trade anything at all for Trouba and my nightmare scenario will be complete.

Reactions: Youngguns80

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Massive Pickup… Monahan gives us a formidable center group with Monahan , Fantilli, Sillinger down the middle and a massive third line identity with Voronkov Sillinger Jenner on your 3rd line. Honestly if you couldn’t make this move , you would pivot to trade Gaudreau.. As Waddell said Saturday , you win in this league with Center play , and Defense .. does no good to have a Laine , and a Gaudreau , and play them with Jenner who is a 20ish assist per year player

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Gudbranson Tax...a year too long and a mil too high but checks off alot of boxes that we need especially someone who can win face-offs. I can live with it.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Can't wait to hear Waddell's reasoning on this. History with JG, faceoff numbers and "veteran presence" alone don't justify that term and AAV.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Its an overpay but not shocking for a small market team thats been horrible for awhile now. We need vets so thats as much a part of it as his offense

Reactions: We Want Ten

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Can't wait to hear Waddell's reasoning on this. History with JG, faceoff numbers and "veteran presence" alone don't justify that term and AAV.
Depends on how much he produces. The last few years it's been about $1M for every 10 pts of production, slowly thats going to start changing as the cap continues to rise. If we can get 40-50pts out of him, as long as he's not a complete defensive liability..it should be fine.

Reactions: We Want Ten

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad