Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Zito says F this shit with Huberdeau who can only produce in regular season and goes into a shell in playoffs. He wanted him gone and got it done!

WINNING CULTURE starts with Management's vision and BALLS to do whats necessary to set the tone for the franchise
That's for sure. Florida took freaking risks man.

Over here in Toronto we're the most risk-averse organization out here. Takes us so long to break out of our status quo compared to other organizations.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
His summary of Reinhart having a better year while Mitch is the better player seems spot on
What’s the point of being the “better player” when the lesser player has a better playoffs and I believe scored the cup winning goal.
This has to be a dream of a joke that Marner is the better player.

Riddle me this, what has Marner ever won? ( in the nhl)

Reactions: Punch Drunk Loov

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Zito says F this shit with Huberdeau who can only produce in regular season and goes into a shell in playoffs. He wanted him gone and got it done!

WINNING CULTURE starts with Management's vision and BALLS to do whats necessary to set the tone for the franchise
Treiliving will never win .but he is gonna work cause tannebaum is his dad's buddy billionaire

Johnson must be getting a percentage and will go to any lengths to make excuses for Marner.
They all don't want to bite tyechand they feeds them
They all live off the leafs .every one of them

Reactions: rumman and Racer88

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
That's for sure. Florida took freaking risks man.

Over here in Toronto we're the most risk-averse organization out here. Takes us so long to break out of our status quo compared to other organizations.
Why tale a risk when u make so much money u gotta find ways to spend
It

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
What’s the point of being the “better player” when the lesser player has a better playoffs and I believe scored the cup winning goal.

Reinhart in the playoffs vs Leafs

Marner vs MacAvoy. I could not find the video of Swayman dropping the puck to Marner behind the net in this year's playoffs.

Reactions: rumman

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It would be interesting to compare this 3 guys PPG now

Do you want to do PPG after their contract was signed to evaluate what their contract should have been at the time of signing?

What does this do? Does any GM have the ability to see into the future? This would be the only way it is a useful exercise...

Anyway, here are the stats:
Marner 1.24 - 101 point pace
Drai 1.35 - 110 point pace
Ehlers 0.79 - 65 point pace

So I guess this helps (it doesn't really) to prove that Marner and Draisaitl were closer comparables than Marner and Ehlers.

I am sure the next post will be about playoffs.............

Hockey is a team sport, just FYI.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
I think Matthews coming out with that statement feels a bit like confirmation that Marner is staying.
Funny, I actually felt the opposite. "All I'm going to say is, we love Mitch". This to me sounds like an athlete who doesn't want to come out and say, we want the player to stay, he's a big part of what we do. To me it comes off as, one of our peers is embattled with the market, and I'm just going to flip him some love out of respect.

Again, that's all I caught so if I missed other things said, maybe your read is correct.

Last edited:

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Wow! Quartexx Management's Social Media Security Contractor Rocket Security is really busy trying to "influence" today.

Don't worry, Marner is unlikely to get traded at the draft. Save your money, and ramp it up after Marner's bonus is paid on July 1st.

See ya then!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I am referring to the last year he was supposed to play in Toronto.

27 point pace (22 real points) playing 15 minutes a night, not sure that is worth $6.25 million, and is probably about 1/4 the player Tavares will be here, yes.

The points are terrible 3rd line/decent 4th line level, the playing time is a 2nd/3rd liner, so he should hypothetically be producing more with more ice time, but he wasn't, and that's why I say he was 4th line level.

Please use the full season, it helps my argument.

Marner's 1st and 2nd years were better than Draisaitl's, that is how he was trending better, and the trend continued into their 3rd year.
So since a reasonable comparison doesn't work for your weird bias, you pick something completely unrelated.

Typical. Why do I waste my time?

Reactions: HolyCrap

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
So since a reasonable comparison doesn't work for your weird bias, you pick something completely unrelated.

Typical. Why do I waste my time?

When discussing his last year that he would have played with us, why wouldn't we discuss that year?

I used the year he was bought out and played, that was a year that was supposed to be played with the Leafs.............

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
No fan gives a shit what he does in the regular season anymore though. At least not fans that want to see the team win.
Ii thought that's why they gave the big big money to the guy who wants to be the highest paid NHLer, cause it isn't because of anything he's done in the playoffs. It's a simple truth, I just don't get why LeaFland won't acknowledge it.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Nope, but they have something worked out with the Ducks that will be announced as soon as the singing bonus cash is transferred to Marner at 12:01 AM, July 1st.

Really? When was this mentioned?

What did he say?

Boilerplate answer about how he’s a great teammate and how the boys love him; I.e: nothing to suggest he’s staying or going

Reactions: 3blizzard4 and bax

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Really? When was this mentioned?

Boilerplate answer about how he’s a great teammate and how the boys love him; I.e: nothing to suggest he’s staying or going
I mentioned it a few minutes ago…….hope ……..read those tea leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad