Votes: 183 29.4%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 19 3.1%

• Total voters

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Idk man

this just isn't a healthy way to consume sport or any type of entertainment

Marner feels he is within 7% or so of Matthews. That was his demand in contract negotiations. It's obviously delusional on his part and you know what is really unhealthy in sport? WAITING OVER 50 YEARS TO WIN.

We are a loser unicorn team as far as cups go.

Reactions: geo25

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Marner feels he is within 7% or so of Matthews. That was his demand in contract negotiations. It's obviously delusional on his part and you know what is really unhealthy in sport? WAITING OVER 50 YEARS TO WIN.

We are a loser unicorn team as far as cups go.
Wait no more. The Vegas thread is just a click away.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Wait no more. The Vegas thread is just a click away.

My Team is Toronto. I do not manage or own my cities Team. Ownership matters

Ballard - Larry T - TPP - Rogers Bell ---- All of which have been utter crap owners and losers.

Outlier - Stavro had Toronto with a competitive team for a decade as majority owrner.

Last edited:
Reactions: geo25

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
We are now solidly in the turn on each other stage of the off season. Hopefully Willy or Matthews signs soon for a change of topic

• Haha
Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
We are now solidly in the turn on each other stage of the off season. Hopefully Willy or Matthews signs soon for a change of topic
No doubt.
There has always been a certain level of thickness here that becomes more prevalent in the off season.
It usually dies down once the season starts but unfortunately this will continue all season this year.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
You’ve gotten away from the initial dumbest fantasy of all, that he doesn’t train in the off season. That is Lloyd Christmas level dumb.

He must be considered the greatest natural athlete in the world to do what he does against all these other highly trained athletes without training himself.

I get that people are jealous of a little guy having so much success but at least show some intelligence. Almost makes those incessantly crying about game 3 or the puck over the glass sound smart. Almost.
I'd like to officially open up the possibility that Marner was not born in Canada and did not play for the Knights just as another avenue to argue for the special needs fans out there.
We can then discuss the high likelihood that he likely did not gain a pound of weight from the time he entered peewee hockey let alone 7 years in the nhl.
Quite the strapping lad in peewee at 170 lbs.
That is elite size.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
This explains a lot! You see Marner's offense being ranked above Kucherovs and your first reaction is not "What a garbage site!", but Mitch is the best thing ever!

Don't change Paul!

5v5 stats last 3
Kucherov
Playoff 0,39 goal/60
2,08 pts/60

Regular season
0,9 goal/60
2,66 pts/60

Marner
Playoff
0,59 goal/60
2,08 pts/60

Regular season
1,05 goal/60
3,09 pts/60

Considerating Marner was playing a lot of tough defensive minutes too vs kucherov who playing on most offensive situation cooper can use him.

On pp kucherov is easily a better player

At 5v5 marner is easily a better player both defensive AND offensive side

It is absurb to having stats showing marner offensive being higher than kucherov? No

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
No doubt.
There has always been a certain level of thickness here that becomes more prevalent in the off season.
It usually dies down once the season starts but unfortunately this will continue all season this year.
Your posts which are mostly like this one are a prime example - devoid of content, just arrogant, condescending snipes at other posters.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
5v5 stats last 3
Kucherov
Playoff 0,39 goal/60
2,08 pts/60

Regular season
0,9 goal/60
2,66 pts/60

Marner
Playoff
0,59 goal/60
2,08 pts/60

Regular season
1,05 goal/60
3,09 pts/60

Considerating Marner was playing a lot of tough defensive minutes too vs kucherov who playing on most offensive situation cooper can use him.

On pp kucherov is easily a better player

At 5v5 marner is easily a better player both defensive AND offensive side

It is absurb to having stats showing marner offensive being higher than kucherov? No

We can cherry pick statistics all we like, at the end of the day Nikita Kucherov produces more goals, more points in both the regular season and to a significant degree in the playoffs.

He's been the leading point producer on a Stanley Cup winning team, results matter more than anything, point blank

This weird f***ing obsession with even strength points/underrating of Powerplay points needs to end, powerplays matter just as much if not more come playoff time.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Paul for someone who pretends to know what data science is, you have very little to say, and to think your screenshot means anything is just foolish.

As someone who actually is IBM certified data analyst, I'm having a blast every time you pretend to know what you talking about.
An IBM certified data analyst eh. Thats the free course people can take online right?

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
I don't care what anyone's job is but I think these numbers are, at least, remotely close

Playoff PPG

Kucherov : 1.112

Marner : 0.94

Regular Season PPG

Kucherov : 1.13

Marner : 1.09

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
2 pages ago he was vastly superior and it wasn't even remotely close. what happened
Close in the regular season, not so close in the playoffs. Kuch is older too now so have to factor that in, but even regular season, peak Kucherov was at a level Marner can only dream about. JMHO.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
We can cherry pick statistics all we like, at the end of the day Nikita Kucherov produces more goals, more points in both the regular season and to a significant degree in the playoffs.

He's been the leading point producer on a Stanley Cup winning team, results matter more than anything, point blank

This weird f***ing obsession with even strength points/underrating of Powerplay points needs to end, powerplays matter just as much if not more come playoff time.

Im agree and what you bring defensivly, physically and whatever also matter... every aspect of the game matter especially in playoff

without Vasilevskiy, did kucherov would won any stanley cup and having as much playoff succes? The answer is no...
Stanley cup is a team succes not an individual succes. It is Marner fault if toronto cant find a real #1 who step up when needed?

I never understand why team succes should make a player better or worst... the only thing kucherov really did more than marner in reality is being a winning team... so he become an amaizing player because he was in a winning team and marner like a trash one because he was in a losing team like if everything was all marner/kucherov responsabilities

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Im agree and what you bring defensivly, physically and whatever also matter... every aspect of the game matter especially in playoff

without Vasilevskiy, did kucherov would won any stanley cup and having as much playoff succes? The answer is no...
Stanley cup is a team succes not an individual succes. It is Marner fault if toronto cant find a real #1 who step up when needed?

I never understand why team succes should make a player better or worst... the only thing kucherov really did more than marner in reality is being a winning team... so he become an amaizing player because he was in a winning team and marner like a trash one because he was in a losing team like if everything was all marner/kucherov responsabilities

Has any leading playoff scorer ever won a Stanley Cup without a goaltender?

Reactions: notDatsyuk

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
At the end of the day this is all that matters, don't deflect, simply answer the question with a "yes" or "no"

Is Kucherov a better Hockey player than Mitch Marner?

Answer

Or hold the L without an ounce of pride, that works too

Who do you want in game 7 in the playoffs? Marner or Kucherov?

Kuch has 0P in 6GP
Marner has 2P in 4GP

Answer the question, yes or no, you can't say anything else...

Pretty much as silly of a question as yours.

Kucherov was a better player, not sure he is anymore.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Who do you want in game 7 in the playoffs? Marner or Kucherov?

Kuch has 0P in 6GP
Marner has 2P in 4GP

Answer the question, yes or no, you can't say anything else...

Pretty much as silly of a question as yours.

Kucherov was a better player, not sure he is anymore.

I take the guy with the vastly superior playoff PPG, who scored more goals as a 21 year old in one playoff run than the near 27 year old has in the entirety of his 47 game playoff career.

I'm not sure taking the statistical approach with a guy who's quite literally under a PPG vs a man who's lead his team to a Stanley Cup as the leading scorer is the right way to go, but if you insist I'll be happy to dig up Marners goal production over the last several years in the postseason.

You don't want that, trust me, it's more pathetic than you think.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Close in the regular season, not so close in the playoffs. Kuch is older too now so have to factor that in, but even regular season, peak Kucherov was at a level Marner can only dream about. JMHO.
that was Kuch's age 25 season. which I guess Marner just had but I don't think it's unrealistic to suggest that Marner could reach 120 points in his age 26 season. anyway

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
2 pages ago he was vastly superior and it wasn't even remotely close. what happened

Marners still blows chunks compared to Kucherov.

We're still in the same dimension, right?

that was Kuch's age 25 season. which I guess Marner just had but I don't think it's unrealistic to suggest that Marner could reach 120 points in his age 26 season. anyway

Hopefully one day he can also pass Nikita Kucherov's age 21 one playoff production, since you know, things are so close and all.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Are you trying to get me to validate your notions now? YOU SAID..."Kucherov is better than Marner in every aspect"
Now I have my opinions for sure and it would come as no surprise but you are swimming so hard to keep afloat now.

Instead of having a discussion on any contentious issue, you drop this shit bomb thinking you wouldn't be called out on it. I'm not arging 3 different arguments. You either stand by this or you withdraw it like a man. I'm calling it stupid but I can give you the benenfit of the doubt if you withdraw and just call it lazy. We both know it isn't true so which is it...stupid or lazy?
Remember you're trying to have a discussion with someone who can point out someones lack of training by a wedding video.
Safe to say this guy is swimming in the shallow end, best ignored.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Kucherov is one of the most successful players of the last 5 years, 2 cups, hart trophy, art ross, a complete psychopath in the playoffs in the best way.

Nobody on our team comes close to that level of accomplishment. This team has accomplished nothing really, hard to believe anyone thinks Mitch measures anywhere close to Kuch. They were successful in making more money than him though.

Do fans really believe our 2nd best forward is BETTER than one of the leagues most decorated players? We are shown every single year that we don't have what it takes to win. No it's not Mitch's fault. But what else can you do other than say our top players don't have it.

Hell I'd argue Point is a superior player to Mitch. Is Marner ever going to score 51 goals? No.

Reactions: Arzak

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
That's possible, sure. Not too likely IMO, but possible. I was thinking more along the lines of the Hart and Ted Lindsay though, I'd be happy to be proven wrong but Kucherov won both, he was the consensus best player in the league by a huge margin and I don't think Marner ever gets close to that level.

Last edited:
Reactions: leafs in five

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad