Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Had to come back to this post LOL, what a terrible prediction hahaha

ROFL blaming posters for being hopeful?

Most of us predicted there would be a buyer or two. It turned out, that no one wants our garbage! Did you know? Being all smart ass now that it's clear that he won't get you bag of pucks back :DD

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Any particular reason why you used 23-24 for the Matthews example and 20-22 for the JT example?
Yes actually, very glad you asked. The reason I chose early years for Tavares is because everyone keeps saying Tavares is old now and over the hill. So I intentionally selected early years in Toronto, while Tavares was more within his prime.... so that excuse couldn't be used. Additionally, it's important to show the swift drop off in points that these two had together after thst 2019 year.

Any other questions?

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Yes actually, very glad you asked. The reason I chose early years for Tavares is because everyone keeps saying Tavares is old now and over the hill. So I intentionally selected early years in Toronto, while Tavares was more within his prime.... so that excuse couldn't be used. Additionally, it's important to show the swift drop off in points that these two had together after thst 2019 year.

Any other questions?
Just one.....if that was the reason (which seems reasonable) why not use the same years for Matthews?

Reactions: leafs in five

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
ROFL blaming posters for being hopeful?

Most of us predicted there would be a buyer or two. It turned out, that no one wants our garbage! Did you know? Being all smart ass now that it's clear that he won't get you bag of pucks back :DD

Who’s blaming posters. What is there to blame? As I’ve mentioned a thousand times, this thread is irrelevant to anything happening in real life. I opened the thread and it was the first post I saw today. Just thought it was funny.

Go chill in the corner bro.

Well it is consistent with the "make shit up" crowd .... every thought no matter how out there it is, they feel like they need to share...

Haha it’s just funny to look through what a shit show this thread has become. I’ve added to it, so I’m not innocent either. But crazy to go through none the less. But bold predictions from all angles and none of it has come true.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Yeah well, don't put much faith in guys that have to report something, not much different than guys on here. Now if there is a reporter out there who is always correct, well that may be different.

Secondly, its a negotiation, ask for all you want getting it is quite different.
I don't really pay much attention to all the talking heads, and I'm one of the people who are always pointing out the difference between rumour and fact.

Maybe you missed the start of the conversation. Someone posted that Marner was asking for 50% more than Reinholt got, and all I said was that the reported ask of $12.5M was only 44.9% more. I made no claims one way of the other.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
As far as I am concerned, I want Leafs to hang this sign to Marner's camp for any contract talks they initiate

271922686.jpg
1721329827343.png

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Who’s blaming posters. What is there to blame? As I’ve mentioned a thousand times, this thread is irrelevant to anything happening in real life. I opened the thread and it was the first post I saw today. Just thought it was funny.

Haha it’s just funny to look through what a shit show this thread has become. I’ve added to it, so I’m not innocent either. But crazy to go through none the less. But bold predictions from all angles and none of it has come true.
One thing I've realized this summer is there are few Leaf fans out there that should probably wear a helmet full time.
Believing he has no value because he hasn't been traded is some pretty special (ed) type thinking.
Hopefully they're just trolling, if not yikes! good luck to them.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Just one.....if that was the reason (which seems reasonable) why not use the same years for Matthews?
None in particular other than it's most recent and there is a big sample size of other players with Matthews. Both are in their primes, I don't see a reason that it should matter what year is picked (especially two consecutive and not one alone). Two 11+ million players on a line, in their primes should be killing it together.

• Love

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
None in particular other than it's most recent and there is a big sample size of other players with Matthews. Both are in their primes, I don't see a reason that it should matter what year is picked (especially two consecutive and not one alone). Two 11+ million players on a line, in their primes should be killing it together.

Agreed, you should expect career highs from these players in those situations.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
One thing I've realized this summer is there are few Leaf fans out there that should probably wear a helmet full time.
Believing he has no value because he hasn't been traded is some pretty special (ed) type thinking.
Hopefully they're just trolling, if not yikes! good luck to them.

This is the logic that they use, we made a prediction that Mitch would be traded, he didn't get traded so must be Mitch's value vs realty, he was never on the trade market to begin with. They think they are never wrong, so the fact that they were wrong about their prediction, means it must be someone else's fault, can't be that they dont have a clue ... Mitch is going to sign around $12.5 mil 7 to 8 years. Is it good to be trotting out a core of players that have proven they can't win, nope... is it likely that Tree is risk adverse and would prefer status quo vs taking a home run swing ... yep... he traded a cornerstone star once and got royally fleeced ... not sure he has the stones to try that again.

Even Jackie Redmond agrees Mitch needs to be traded. LOL.

Cool, how many amateur or professional sports team has she been employed by?

• Haha
Reactions: 666 and ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
This is the logic that they use, we made a prediction that Mitch would be traded, he didn't get traded so must be Mitch's value vs realty, he was never on the trade market to begin with. They think they are never wrong, so the fact that they were wrong about their prediction, means it must be someone else's fault, can't be that they dont have a clue ... Mitch is going to sign around $12.5 mil 7 to 8 years. Is it good to be trotting out a core of players that have proven they can't win, nope... is it likely that Tree is risk adverse and would prefer status quo vs taking a home run swing ... yep... he traded a cornerstone star once and got royally fleeced ... not sure he has the stones to try that again.

Cool, how many amateur or professional sports team has she been employed by?
Same as you and me I am guessing. She did work for Sportsnet though who is owned by the same lousy company that owns the Leafs so I am guessing she is not only better looking than you, she is also more in the know.

Guessing you are on the afternoon shift today?

• Love

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

Maybe one year Matty will score 69 goals. Maybe Mitch will have two season in a row where he scores 99 points or have a pace at 99 points or greater... until then we can only wait....

Did you know that Mitch first 8 years has Similarity score comparable to HOFer's Peter Stastny, Dale Hawerchuk, Cy Denneny, Peter Forsberg, Luc Robitaille, Marcel Dionne, when you are mentioned in the same breath as those players.. WOW he must be doing something right.. lots of numbers here but I think we can all agree, Mitch is a great player, we are lucky to have him.

Reactions: egd27

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Same as you and me I am guessing. She did work for Sportsnet though who is owned by the same lousy company that owns the Leafs so I am guessing she is not only better looking than you, she is also more in the know.

Oh she looks much better in a mini skirt than me, if I wanted an opinion from someone who looks like she is dressing for a shift at Moxies , I'd go to Moxies. I bet 95% of the men who have watched her cant repeat one word she as said... she is eye candy, that is it that is all.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Had to come back to this post LOL, what a terrible prediction hahaha
Dare to dream.

I originally said what was likely: No one wants him or his contract.

I do believe the team is ready and willing to take a loss.

Considering what a loser franchise the Leafs are, the fact they are running it back should surprise no one.

Hey my likes are unbanned again.

Nice

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Dare to dream.

I originally said what was likely: No one wants him or his contract.

I do believe the team is ready and willing to take a loss.

Considering what a loser franchise the Leafs are, the fact they are running it back should surprise no one.

Hey my likes are unbanned again.

Nice

Was just poking fun honestly. What did your likes get banned for?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

I’d say everything was covered in the 1st 50 pages, with no news to add for the next 400 pages, what would you expect?

Reactions: francis246

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Maybe one year Matty will score 69 goals. Maybe Mitch will have two season in a row where he scores 99 points or have a pace at 99 points or greater... until then we can only wait....

Did you know that Mitch first 8 years has Similarity score comparable to HOFer's Peter Stastny, Dale Hawerchuk, Cy Denneny, Peter Forsberg, Luc Robitaille, Marcel Dionne, when you are mentioned in the same breath as those players.. WOW he must be doing something right.. lots of numbers here but I think we can all agree, Mitch is a great player, we are lucky to have him.
Yep... maybe marner will be lucky and reach one of the all time greats...Ryan Nugent Hopkins career high of 104 points?

Lol your all excited about an 11 million dollar player hitting 99 points while playing with Austin Matthews... a player voted by the NHL players as the leagues best player a couple seasons ago and also a finalist this season (selected over Connor Mcdavid). Look what stats oilers playerd have wirh Mcdavid. Not breaking 100 points os more pathetic than impressive.

Too bad Matthees has been shackled to Marner, otherwise hed be closer to Kucherov and Mackinnon...as these stats prove. Marner is such an amazing playet, yet hes literally dragging Matthews stats down:

2023 5v5 Matthews points per 60:
Matthews w/Marner
2.00 p/60 in 539 mins
Matthews w/Nylander:
3.38 p/60 In 504 mins

Matthews w/Marner:
2.75 p/60
Matthews w/Nylander:
3.11 p/60
Matthews w/Domi:
4.93 p/60
Matthews w/Bertuzzi:
3.35 p/60

Last edited:

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I don’t know Marner personally. My brother does. I’ve met Marner a few times at various MLSE charity events or leafs events I’ve been invited to. But I wouldn’t say I know him well. He was nice to me, so was Willy. Auston gave me a signed jersey that I have framed. I’ve met most of the guys. They are all nice people and make time for a quick convo. Haven’t met a leaf that I didn’t find nice in person.
Cool. I wish I could have done this.

Well it is consistent with the "make shit up" crowd .... every thought no matter how out there it is, they feel like they need to share...
You're the KING of the MSU crowd.

Reactions: IPS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad