Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
lol go back and read this board on just how many times Boston has been done. Too old, we’re better, they’re fading.

All of a sudden because they beat us, they are a good team again. Leafs coping mechanism.
The Oracle on this board all but guaranteed the Bruins would lose to whatever team they faced in round #1. Ooops.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
I'm not going to stop calling a spade a spade. If you're getting tired of me pointing it out when you're being a rude/childish/arrogant/condescending bully then here's a thought - start being respectful of others and start posting like an adult.
:thumbu::thumbu:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
lol go back and read this board on just how many times Boston has been done. Too old, we’re better, they’re fading.

All of a sudden because they beat us, they are a good team again. Leafs coping mechanism.

The Leafs should have been the better team, but Boston was never a bad team, you're delusional.

Optimistic fans going into a series aren't always the most logical.

They played LW Zacha as their 1C.

I'm here with you. Bruins have a solid team. It's insanity they went a whole year without replacing Bergy or Krejci. They are one big UFA C from being a problem again.

edit: They could use JT :cool: , 1st,2nd and Debrusk for JT.

Debrusk is a UFA but it sounds like he is about to get overpaid.

As far as I know, Zacha was always a C and was a highly regarded prospect. Maybe he needed a well-structured team like Boston to reach his potential.

Reactions: Confucius

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Coach will make a difference, when we accomplish much more next season you can say, why did I doubt you Confucius.
Go ahead then, make a concrete prediction.

As far as doubting you goes, you said we'd probably be 0-31 in the playoffs without Marner so the word "doubt" doesn't even begin to describe how little I value your predictions at this point in time.

I also read it a long time ago, but I’ve been rereading a lot of the books from my youth, with age comes perspective. Another book I didn’t really get in my youth, but totally get niw is Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance…….
Yes, that's true and I have had that experience of rereading and appreciating books that I didn't appreciate when I was younger. I remember enough about that one that I don't want to reread it though. It's kind of how I feel about reading books about Nazi Germany - I had to read about 20 of them for a course in University and I just felt like I overdosed and never want to go there again. I also find it very unpleasant to read about people being tortured etc. so I'm going to fill my life with other things. But those Zen books, they didn't really do it for me but might be worth another try.

I'm reading Churchill: Walking with Destiny ATM. I'm so glad I decided on that somehow, fascinating stuff!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Yup. Not just Boston, but over these last few years I must read hundreds, if not thousands of posts about how all these different teams have such a bleak future when compared to us and those posts are looking pretty dumb right about now.

I totally concur the leafs are bottom echelon playoff team
Yup. I remember when I had such optimism about the future not so long ago but as of today, there's no disputing the fact that this team is on the first round fodder tier and has been there for years.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Yup. Not just Boston, but over these last few years I must read hundreds, if not thousands of posts about how all these different teams have such a bleak future when compared to us and those posts are looking pretty dumb right about now.

Yup. I remember when I had such optimism about the future not so long ago but as of today, there's no disputing the fact that this team is on the first round fodder tier and has been there for years.
And these same people are saying Mitch must go…. But this time they are supposedly correct. lol!

• Haha
Reactions: ACC1224

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
And these same people are saying Mitch must go…. But this time they are supposedly correct. lol!
This time? The team has failed for nearly a decade, with one of the most talented if not the most talented team we've seen in 6 decades, they are no closer to a cup than Kessel/Kadri and JVR (forget about warriors like Clark/Sittler/Sundin and Gilmour who showed up in the playoffs).

Marner has been brutal the last 2 playoff series and is actually delusional enough to demand McDavid tier money despite him being a glorified meh 2nd liner come playoff time.

You know what though? He can stay, I'll resign him, 1-2 mill a year for 1-2 year extension, if he wins a cup they can max him out. Oh he's not interested? Fascinating, so it's about the money then Mitch? Guess he doesn't really really want to stay.

Marner's greatest trick is using his season stats to fool people to think he is some unreplaceable juggernaut, in reality come playoff time, his goal scoring goes from 102 per 60 to 205 and his point scoring from 12th to 45th, as I said a glorified meh 2nd liner.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Trying to find Mitch in a tight checking playoff game is like trying to track down Keyser Soze...

he-usual-suspects-kevin-spacy.gif

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

Wait til Chara retires, we'll get em
Wait til Rask retires, we'll get em
Wait til Bergeron retires, we'll get em
Wait til Krejci retires, we'll get em
Wait til Swayman retires, we'll get em

balls.gif

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Wait til Chara retires, we'll get em
Wait til Rask retires, we'll get em
Wait til Bergeron retires, we'll get em
Wait til Krejci retires, we'll get em
Wait til Swayman retires, we'll get em

View attachment 881815
No kidding eh. They keep loosing all those great players and still kick our ass and some posters think we would automatically be worse without Marner. He doesn’t hold a candle to those players

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
No kidding eh. They keep loosing all those great players and still kick our ass and some posters think we would automatically be worse without Marner. He doesn’t hold a candle to those players
Need to add TB too. Still remember how some posters think they are past it after their Cups run. Hedman is only a slapshot better than Reilly......

This is true to any Hockey Teams. Unless we are talking about McD, I really don't think any teams would be a lot worse if their top player is no longer with the team. Look at Islanders when JT walked. They had more playoffs success without JT than with JT. Look at Bruins, they no longer have Bergy and Krejci and yet they managed to be playing in the second round. Look at the Nucks without Demko and playing with their 3rd stringer Goalie and managed to play in Game 7 of the Second rounds of the playoffs.
The notion that without MM, the Leafs won't even make the playoffs is just laughable. This also applies to AM or Willie or JT or Reilly.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
The Leafs should have been the better team, but Boston was never a bad team, you're delusional.

As far as I know, Zacha was always a C and was a highly regarded prospect. Maybe he needed a well-structured team like Boston to reach his potential.

He played LW the whole time he was in NJ. He was LW in Boston playing with Pasta and Krejci when Boston still had C.

I guess he played C in juniors, but his first 8 years in the NHL he was on the wing. But he was a highly regarded prospect, NJ thought he'd be next Patrik Elias (Zacha played on Elias wing if you wonder).

Reactions: arso40

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Seems to me, coaching is a big difference maker. I’m sure most have heard the phrase the player needs a change of scenery. Does that not really imply he needs a different coach? One that has a different system.

I’m confident this group has better results with the new coach, no further changes needed. Well other than net. We aren’t winning anything without an above average goalie, no matter who we ship out.

So we aren’t just running it back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Notsince67

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Seems to me, coaching is a big difference maker. I’m sure most have heard the phrase the player needs a change of scenery. Does that not really imply he needs a different coach? One that has a different system.

I’m confident this group has better results with the new coach, no further changes needed. Well other than net. We aren’t winning anything without an above average goalie, no matter who we ship out.

So we aren’t just running it back.
or without at least 2 more defenceman that can skate ,this team is not balanced ,its a core 5 and bunch of mathews knies types working their nuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad