Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Hearing the truth can be unpleasant when it shatters a person's worldview, personal identity and emotional biases.
You can usually avoid this discomfort by not making yourself vulnerable through acts of laziness and stupidity. Having an open personality and a willingness to discuss things honestly instead of inciting a mob mentality will do wonders in blunting the sting of the truth. I never attack someone's fandom of any player except when used to slight somone elses.
If we want a sensible argument, I would suggest you find a tribe that is interested in the game over territory. That usually comes with maturity.
Why are you still talking...nobody asked.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Hearing the truth can be unpleasant when it shatters a person's worldview, personal identity and emotional biases.
You can usually avoid this discomfort by not making yourself vulnerable through acts of laziness and stupidity. Having an open personality and a willingness to discuss things honestly instead of inciting a mob mentality will do wonders in blunting the sting of the truth. I never attack someone's fandom of any player except when used to slight somone elses.
If we want a sensible argument, I would suggest you find a tribe that is interested in the game over territory. That usually comes with maturity.
Part of behaving like an adult is treating other people with respect - this is where you've been failing miserably for quite some time now.

Reactions: myleafs

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Mine is actually what you quoted, but ignored.

Yours seems to be primarily based on +/- on a previous season.
Lol..Marner faced far difficult QoC than Nylander yet you attempt to smear this simple analysis with that? How about following a similar game by game approach with an alternative method to see if you have anything different?

If not, game impact was the statement of claim. If there is any underlying bias in my numbers, why don't you utilize the effective arguments against +- to attempt to dent the numbers? If antagonists around here can make claims using points, how would you suggest I counter the claim? You will have to be a bit more comprehensive than that tossed shit bomb. It is pretty simple analysis to begin with to counter a very simple claim. The game is decided on what goes into each net. If you want to go deeper into pobabilistic analytics, I am fully capable to discuss and perhaps counter anything that you have. Not simple but you are the one who seems to want to step up as the champion of this lost cause.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Daily rep. Get outttaaaa heeeere
Thank you.

TRADE MARNER

Just getting in my daily rep, like this savage.

1331660438_bike_wheelie_bench_pressing.gif

Reactions: Arzak and arso40

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I would like to like marner.

He is an extremely good hockey player.

It is going to be interesting to see how Berube employs him.

Perhaps he can get him away from the top defensive players on the other team.

You'd think he could feast on the 3rd. line and with his defensive abilities help coverup for rookies mistakes.

Knies-Matthews-Domi
McMann-Stephenson/Lindholm/Monahan-Nylander
Cowan/Grebyonkin-Tavares-marner
3 of the 12 forwards available.
Kampf, Minten, Dewar, Holmberg, Jarnkrok, Robertson, ...

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

You'd think he could feast on the 3rd. line and with his defensive abilities help coverup for rookies mistakes.

Knies-Matthews-Domi
It will be interesting to see how Berube uses him.
Will he run him out there in every circumstance like Keefe did?

I could see a
Holmberg - Tavares - Marner 3rd line being pretty effective.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

I could see a
I could see MM being traded before him playing 3rd line with JT on the Leafs.
Necas and Jervis for MM.

Reactions: arso40 and Al14

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm thinking someone who can finish ... Holmberg/Robertson/Cowan/Grebyonkin ...

It should be an extremely interesting Training Camp.
I'm not really familiar with Grebyonkin.
Not sure about Robertson being with Marner, I think a winger that can cycle with Tavares is better suited.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Lol..Marner faced far difficult QoC than Nylander yet you attempt to smear this simple analysis with that? How about following a similar game by game approach with an alternative method to see if you have anything different?

If not, game impact was the statement of claim. If there is any underlying bias in my numbers, why don't you utilize the effective arguments against +- to attempt to dent the numbers? If antagonists around here can make claims using points, how would you suggest I counter the claim? You will have to be a bit more comprehensive than that tossed shit bomb. It is pretty simple analysis to begin with to counter a very simple claim. The game is decided on what goes into each net. If you want to go deeper into pobabilistic analytics, I am fully capable to discuss and perhaps counter anything that you have. Not simple but you are the one who seems to want to step up as the champion of this lost cause.
QoC and +/- - the twin chimeras of stats.

Resorting to insults and profanity? An obvious admission that you can't argue reasonably.

I could see a
True - although a $24M third line is hard to swallow.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Against Tampa

Game 1...lost to Tampa 3-7
Marner 3 points...Nylander 1 point
EV On ice GA...Marner 0, Nylander 2

Best...Marner

Game 2 Won 7-2
Team only needed first 3 points to win
Marner 1 point, Nylander 1 point
EV on Ice GA...Marner 1, Nylander 1

Best...tie

Game 3 Won 4-3
Marner 2 points, Nylander 1 point
EV on ice GA...Marner 0, Nylander 2

Best...Marner

Game 4 Leafs win 5-4
Marner 2points, Nylander 3 points
EV on ice GA Marner 0, Nylander 2

Best...Marner

Game 5 Leafs lost 2-4
Marner 1 point, Nylander 0 points
EV on ice GA Marner 1, Nylander 1

Best...Marner

Game 6 Leafs win 2-1
Marner 0 points, Nylander 0 points
EV on ice GA Marner 0, Nylander 1

Best Marner

Against Florida

Game 1 leafs lost 2-4
Marner 0 points, Nylander 0 points
EV on ice GA Marner22, Nylander 0

Best Nylander

Game 2 Leafs lost 2-3
Marner 1 point, Nylander 0 points
EV on ice GA Marner 1, Nylander 2

Best Marner

Game 3 Leafs lost 2-3
Marner 0 points, Nylander 1 point
EV on ice GA Marner 1, Nylander 0

Best Nylander

Game 4 Leafs won 2-1
Marner 2 points, Nylander 1 point
EV on ice GA Marner 0, Nylander 0

Best Marner

Game 5 Leafs lost 2-3
Marner 0 points, Nylander 1 point
EV on ice GA Marner 0, Nylander 1

Best Tied

I just posted my work. Where is yours?

Got it, you were referring to a full year ago, that makes a lot more sense.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
He holds all the cards including playing time? If he does hold all the cards, why not re-sign four years for a dollar less than Matthews?
I said he holds all the cards right now. He doesn't have to agree to a single thing the Leafs propose, he can play out the year and walk to UFA. The only things Leafs can dangle is the 8th year on an extension.

Playing time is dicey, in the end we're still trying to win games and Mitch is a big part. I'd be pleasantly surprised if the Leafs decided to play hardball with any of their players, up to now all we've seen is coddling and placating to their every demand.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

Resorting to insults and profanity? An obvious admission that you can't argue reasonably.

True - although a $24M third line is hard to swallow.
Nice try. Try to take apart +- without a notional topic such as QoC deployment. You can't do it!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Thank you.

TRADE MARNER

Just getting in my daily rep, like this savage.

1331660438_bike_wheelie_bench_pressing.gif
They say that if you want to see results, you gotta get those reps in.

Trade Marner!!

I'm trying to remember when the last time was that I saw two people here on the same day arguing that +- is a meaningful stat. Insults and profanity though, geez I can't remember when the last time was that I didn't see at least two people doing that here on the same day. :laugh::laugh:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
That means the contract was bad, not the trade.

No, the trade was not good either because the year they had of Huberdeau on the contract they traded for, he still sucked.

1 year of Tkachuk for 1 year of Huberdeau and 7 years of Weegar. That’s an excellent trade.

Yep, the Flames are currently in great shape, excellent trade/signing, and everything was great.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Knies-Matthews-Domi
The only way to get Marner away from the opposition’s top defence is to not be the most dangerous winger on the team….

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I don't think anyone thinks that, at least that I've seen.

Everyone is disappointed with the play of all the top players this post season but most take issue with the idiotic hatred that's thrown Marners way, repeatedly daily, that has nothing to do with the play on the ice.

'See what happens' is the sensible approach but that seems to be in short supply here.

?
See what happens
See what happens
See what happens
See what happens
See what happens
See what happens
See what happens
See what happens

It's hardly a sensible approach to add another see what happens season. We know what is going to happen come playoff time. If you want to pretend the sensible approach is adding another "see what happens", I call bulsh*t.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
A gentleman in Moscow is damn good. An account of an aristocrat during and post Bolshevik revolution starring Ewan McGregor
enjoyed that series too, the third season of The Mayor of Kingstown is now up on Paramount.......

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Take him away from the league's best goal scorer makes him much less dangerous.
Didn't Bruins just use McAvoy on AM the whole series, which is their best Dman. While also have Coyle on AM's line, as Coyle is their 1C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad