Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
They get away with providing a mediocre product because the consumer is happy with a mediocre product, how stupid can a fan base get…….
The real fans probably don’t like it, but they aren’t the ones buying seasons tickets, so they don’t give a rats as$

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Worst possible scenario, Marner walks this into the off season.... Looks like it will be another long year of discussing this guys future.
Who’s going to stick around for another year of this shit? This place will be a echo chamber of Marner fan club members agreeing he’s the best player ever, can’t do no wrong, isn’t overpaid, yada yada yada……..

Shanahan has got to be one of the worst manager's in all of pro sports. Guy is clueless. I hope Rick Moranis fires his ass
I’m starting to think he’s as bad or worse, these clowns collect their checks and couldn’t give a f**k, hell Shanahan doesn’t even have the decency to live in the city that employs him………

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
So if Marner doesn’t want to waive he’s just going to stay, cross his arms and now the team has to give him 12 million? Ha ha! Is that what’s going on here?
I win! You pay Leafs. I’m a squatter dug in here and you ain’t getting me out.
I hope when he has his next hissy fit the trainer tells him to pick up your own f**king gloves………

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The real fans probably don’t like it, but they aren’t the ones buying seasons tickets, so they don’t give a rats as$
Good point, I get the corporate season tickets not caring, but the few fans who hold season tickets you would think would care, but obviously they don’t. More money than brains imo…….

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
MLSE is happy to win a division spot and get 7 games of round 1 revenue.
Seems to be their Stanley Cup, you’ll get no argument from me on this…….

It’s not right to make fun of handicap faces
I could say something really really funny, but I’m already on double secret probation……..

1717531700554.gif

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Can hate Dubas if you like, at least he wasn't scared to make moves. It has been his one defining trait he makes big moves
You don't know what emotions motivated Dubas into making moves. A number of them looked like he was scared, if we infer his analysis against risk. See Foligno.

Your belief raises questions that if Shanahan was hesitant to greenlight certain moves, it certainly didn't appear so because Dubas by your own calculation, is "brave". But brave how? In defiance of or in collaboration with Shanahan?

There's one distinction I like to point out in times like these: Shanahan may have appeared duplicitous when he publicly stated that a hometown discount would benefit the club's overall goal, but at least he went on record as acknowledging that need.

Dubas with new pieces and a new environment doesn't seem all that different, and his effect in Pittsburgh is worse.

He makes big moves that consistently compromise the future for a moment of need and asset he misreads - that's his one defining trait.

What Treliving managed to do was secure equivocal pieces without costing the club our most valuable future assets. To me, seeing the change that needs to be made but can't be made is an element of courage; It's Treliving standing in the pocket and not forcing what can't be forced and being ok with not spending what we don't have to spend.

And Shanahan stamped those deals too. Including within the space of a year, firing Dubas and firing Keefe. It was the exact same tact he took with Carlyle when he arrived.

Shanahan's not scared, he's methodical. Not to say mistakes haven't been made. But he corrects them more efficiently than Dubas proved to. But I can see how incrementalism is at play here. We might want more options to exist, but they don't. Dubas seemed to force those options at a cost that only amplified the idea that there's league prices and then there's Toronto prices.

Haven't gotten that vibe from Treliving thus far.

If anything, I see a resumption of our initial trajectory prior to Dubas' promotion. And in one more year, our second window opens, and with it, a hungrier, less patient on-ice group, managed by a colder, much more patient front office.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You realize an opinion isn't fact and because they aren't doing something that you want them to doesn't necessarily mean their scared?
If you'd prefer to think they're stupid, that's fine.
Obviously they feel they can build a team to contend, they don't do what they do because their scared.
Weighing the pros and cons of a major move and deciding it may not be worth it doesn't mean your scared.
How do you know? Answer - you don't.

It doesn't mean they're scared but at the same time, it doesn't mean they're not scared. But if they keep rolling it back with the same core after all these years of failure, scared and/or stupid seem to be the only possibilities.

I'm not a spiteful person but if his re-signing thins the herd around here that can only be a good thing.
So who's posting or not posting around here is more important to you than how the team performs. Got it. :facepalm:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Really? Where have you been? Its not much of a secret that most NT lists contain the Canadian teams and like Buffalo and Arizona.....
It's nowhere near the issue that it is in the NBA, and it would also be a mistake to lump in Toronto with the other Canadian teams. Toronto's a world class city, and then there's also the fact that a huge percentage of players in the NHL are Canadian and have zero problem playing here. Hell some of them have even taken less money to play here and as long as this team is seen as a contender, I don't think we'll have any problems in this regard. Granted our status as a contender is slipping but that's another story and has nothing to do with being a Canadian team.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Marner isnt the issue but he is part of the problem. Tavares contract is worse but Tavares cant get any return so Marner is the man to go. Tavares gets Leafs no return, who would deal assets for those wheels.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If you'd prefer to think they're stupid, that's fine.

How do you know? Answer - you don't.

It doesn't mean they're scared but at the same time, it doesn't mean they're not scared. But if they keep rolling it back with the same core after all these years of failure, scared and/or stupid seem to be the only possibilities.

So who's posting or not posting around here is more important to you than how the team performs. Got it. :facepalm:
I’m convinced this clown just likes trolling fans with opposing views, his condescending, snide remarks is getting pretty stale……….

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
:D you mean point pacer, because he never had 100 points in a season. That's 90-100 point pacer playing with 60-70 goal Matthews.

Proven? Don't make me laugh, he can't carry a line. Without PRIME JT or Matthews, Mitch is not sniffing 90 points. Proven my ass.

Wasn't he producing at a 94 point pace with Kadri/Marleau?

He didn't play long enough with them for anything other than pace, but to act like he is not able to put up great numbers with lesser players is insane.

He is a 99 point producer, and his pace over the last 3 seasons is 104.

Prime JT was just JT with Marner, not sure that was his prime.

His playoff track record is a mixed bag at best, but he most certainly can carry his own line.

Who cares what he does elsewhere, he can’t do it here when it matters so it’s a moot point imo……..

You should hop on into the Hyman thread and see all the whiners.

Reactions: leafs in five

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
TRADE MARNER

Just getting in my daily rep, like this savage.

1331660438_bike_wheelie_bench_pressing.gif

Marner isnt the issue but he is part of the problem. Tavares contract is worse but Tavares cant get any return so Marner is the man to go. Tavares gets Leafs no return, who would deal assets for those wheels.
Yes, That's why we are trading Marner.
But we are trading Marner.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Not sure, you’ll have to ask the fan club.

Personally I can’t wait to have $22M potentially freed up to re-direct towards defence, goaltending, and forward depth.

We can sign Klingberg, Samsanov, Bertuzzi, Domi, Reaves, and Kampf, and have $2 million left over! Woah, this is amazing!

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
We can sign Klingberg, Samsanov, Bertuzzi, Domi, Reaves, and Kampf, and have $2 million left over! Woah, this is amazing!
If we had that kind of cap space, make a play for Sam Reinhart this year, and Linus Ulmark next year. Ulmark only if Woll doesn't take the net next season. Otherwise, spend the money on a 2-way defenseman. Domi absolutely. Bert needs to take a paycut to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad