Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I feel like they are adverse to risk. They don't mind change when change is easy - i.e., moving on from Keefe. I don't really count the Dubas thing because it seems that was likely more about Shanahan winning a power struggle.
What are they afraid of? Losing in less than 7 games in round #1 or not making the playoffs? If you did not know better you'd think they have been making it to round 3 and beyond the last 8 years.

No risk. No reward. Or are they worried they will lose a trade due to their incompetence? You know like, I'd rather grossly overpay Nylander than risk losing a trade or letting him walk for free. These clowns have won nothing in 8 playoffs FFS. The Panthers have gone to the SCF twice since they traded for MT two years ago.

We ar

Letting a player of Marners level walk to free agency would be one of the biggest failures in the organizations history.

Need to get something back for him in a trade.
Don't worry, they will pay him $13.293mx8 on June 30, 2025. Shanny and Tre will have gone through dozens and dozens of depends getting there. Hell maybe they can get an endorsement deal with them to make up for the added stress.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
We ar

Letting a player of Marners level walk to free agency would be one of the biggest failures in the organizations history.

Need to get something back for him in a trade.

I dunno... I'd say making the second round once in how many years is a pretty damn big failure in its own right (and Marner had a hand in it).

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
So if Marner doesn’t want to waive he’s just going to stay, cross his arms and now the team has to give him 12 million? Ha ha! Is that what’s going on here?
I win! You pay Leafs. I’m a squatter dug in here and you ain’t getting me out.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
So if Marner doesn’t want to waive he’s just going to stay, cross his arms and now the team has to give him 12 million? Ha ha! Is that what’s going on here?
I win! You pay Leafs. I’m a squatter dug in here and you ain’t getting me out.

No, it sounds like he wants to finish the final year of his contract with the Leafs and then walk himself to UFA....

He'll get that money from another team.

I doubt there will be any negotiations with the Leafs.

Reactions: Craig Button

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
And that's where the Leafs should sabotage his season and drag him in the media they own.

Ah yes, self-sabotage.

Seems to be a popular fan theory on the internet.

In the real world, I'm sure there's plenty of examples of playoff teams doing this to coerce a player into waiving a NMC that was previously negotiated and agreed upon by the team.

Reactions: ToneDog

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Shanahan.
What makes you think that?

Ah yes, self-sabotage.

Seems to be a popular fan theory on the internet.

In the real world, I'm sure there's plenty of examples of playoff teams doing this to coerce a player into waiving a NMC that was previously negotiated and agreed upon by the team.

The ignorance some are displaying is astounding.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
The source literally said the Leafs are scared to lose a trade with him? Who has been here the whole time?
You realize an opinion isn't fact and because they aren't doing something that you want them to doesn't necessarily mean their scared?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Not sure, you’ll have to ask the fan club.

Personally I can’t wait to have $22M potentially freed up to re-direct towards defence, goaltending, and forward depth.
Everyone with a brain can’t wait for that, watch these morons resign 16 and 91, once again crushing the hopes of the SANE fans within Leaf Nation………

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
You realize an opinion isn't fact and because they aren't doing something that you want them to doesn't necessarily mean their scared?

What other reason is there to run it back 9 years in a row? Either they are scared to make a change and eat shit or they genuinely think this team is cup worthy and will randomly figure it out. Not sure which is more damning

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
True. But one not made out of fear (oh no what if the player is good somewhere else, or what will the fans think, or jersey sales) is just as bad.
If you want to change from losing you have to start with changing the problems regardless of potential jersey sale down turns……..

You're not making any sense, maybe your emotions are preventing you from thinking clearly.
1717529788282.jpeg

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
What other reason is there to run it back 9 years in a row? Either they are scared to make a change and eat shit or they genuinely think this team is cup worthy and will randomly figure it out. Not sure which is more damning
Obviously they feel they can build a team to contend, they don't do what they do because their scared.
Weighing the pros and cons of a major move and deciding it may not be worth it doesn't mean your scared.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Obviously they feel they can build a team to contend, they don't do what they do because their scared.
Weighing the pros and cons of a major move and deciding it may not be worth it doesn't mean your scared.

So then you are saying they can watch the same thing happen 9 years straight and think that is a good way to win.

What can I say, no wonder this franchise is never competitive for a cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad