Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
If he wants to stay close to friends and family, continue to keep his home and cottage and his off-ice life fairly stable that would be the team he should put on.
Neither of those teams is gonna give Marner what he wants

Reactions: bax

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

One insider already claims to know where Mitch Marner will end up and what the return for the Maple Leafs will be.​

Dennis Berstein of The Fourth Period was on Sportsnet's 'The Big Show' this week and was asked if he felt Mitch Marner would be traded and, if so, to what team?

"Yep. Vegas. Here's why. I'll give you two guys on the last year of their deals. William Karlsson and Shea Theodore and look at their combined cap hit and tell me if the math works."

At a cap hit of $10.9M moving Marner's contract is no small feat and he would obviously have to agree to waive his no-movement clause, but what Berstein said makes sense. The combined cap hit of Karlsson and Theodore is $11.1M. By moving the pair for Marner, the Knights actually gain cap space, while the extra $200K the Leafs would have to take on doesn't hinder their off-season much, if at all. The Leafs are also reportedly willing to pay Marner's $7.25M signing bonus, which is due on July 1st if it helps facilitate a trade.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

One insider already claims to know where Mitch Marner will end up and what the return for the Maple Leafs will be.​

Dennis Berstein of The Fourth Period was on Sportsnet's 'The Big Show' this week and was asked if he felt Mitch Marner would be traded and, if so, to what team?

At a cap hit of $10.9M moving Marner's contract is no small feat and he would obviously have to agree to waive his no-movement clause, but what Berstein said makes sense. The combined cap hit of Karlsson and Theodore is $11.1M. By moving the pair for Marner, the Knights actually gain cap space, while the extra $200K the Leafs would have to take on doesn't hinder their off-season much, if at all. The Leafs are also reportedly willing to pay Marner's $7.25M signing bonus, which is due on July 1st if it helps facilitate a trade.

rather have Roy and Kolesar as the forwards coming back, but that's not the same dollars going out from Vegas' end of the deal..........

I don’t care what the other portion wants, I’ll take Tkachuk all day over Marner.
me too, but I don't need the Marner fan club attacking me again..........

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

A Marner for Theodore+ trade makes sense. I like Karlsson but he is 31. I prefer a younger player. Barbashev is 28 and has a $5m cap. Roy is 27 and has a $3m.

Does Theodore (5.2m) + Hill (4.9m) + Roy ($3m) for Marner (10.903) + Lily (1.4m) + Kampf (2.4m) work?

Dman, C/RW and goalie - one stop shopping

Mitch would be a moron not to waive for Vegas.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
A Marner for Theodore+ trade makes sense. I like Karlsson but he is 31. I prefer a younger player. Barbashev is 28 and has a $5m cap. Roy is 27 and has a $3m.

Does Theodore (5.2m) + Hill (4.9m) + Roy ($3m) for Marner (10.903) + Lily (1.4m) work?

I’m fine with Karlsson and Theodore. Go after Montour and we’ve got a top D line.
Try to get a 1st round pick in 2025 out of the deal as well.
If we can sign a Marchessault or Guentzel to a short term deal, that’s fine as well. Just a goalie left.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I’m fine with Karlsson and Theodore. Go after Montour and we’ve got a top D line.
Try to get a 1st round pick in 2025 out of the deal as well.
If we can sign a Marchessault or Guentzel to a short term deal, that’s fine as well. Just a goalie left.
Rielly, Montour, Theo, McCabe, Benoit, ?? would be a quality D but I can't see us being able to afford them. Guentzel is not signing a short term deal IMO. Marchessault, maybe but he'll want big money.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

Frank Seravalli, is reporting that Mitch Marner is as good as gone this summer in Toronto.​

This past week, Seravalli put the likelihood of Marner returning to the Leafs at around 5%, suggesting that there's a 95% chance that Marner will be on the move this summer.

Seravalli is not the only Insider who has suggested that Marner has played his last game as a Maple Leaf. Others have suggested that even if Marner does return, he likely will not be extended by the Leafs and will hit free agency next summer.

Obviously, there's a lot that can happen over the course of a summer, but as Seravalli and Pagnotta have reported, we may have seen the last of Marner as a Leaf.
Leave it to you to not only eat Seravelli's crap up, but to post it.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Does Theodore (5.2m) + Hill (4.9m) + Roy ($3m) for Marner (10.903) + Lily (1.4m) + Kampf (2.4m) work?

I like this, doubt Vegas does, the idea of Theodore and Karlsson would work if you can flip Karlsson elsewhere all the better. I'm in love with the idea of Roy and Kolesar being part of a Marner trade..........

Reactions: ToneDog

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I like this, doubt Vegas does, the idea of Theodore and Karlsson would work if you can flip Karlsson elsewhere all the better. I'm in love with the idea of Roy and Kolesar being part of a Marner trade..........
Lots of good options for us and Marner if he waives to Vegas. They have pieces we need and Marner gets Eichel.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I still have no idea why Vegas guts their depth for Marner.

Karlsson would be a great add tho, better than most centers on the market

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Theodore would be good but zero interest in Karlsson , he's overpaid and still has 3 yrs left .

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I still have no idea why Vegas guts their depth for Marner.

Karlsson would be a great add tho, better than most centers on the market
They probably will let Theo walk next year so pending UFA for pending UFA. It makes a lot of sense. We'll send Kampf or Jarnkrok back if they need depth.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011

Dennis Berstein of The Fourth Period was on Sportsnet's 'The Big Show'
I've never heard of Dennis the menace or "the big show" but they sound reliable to me 😎

• Haha

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
If Ottawa is dangling Brady Tkachuk in the return, then Sens would be giving the Leafs what they would want. :)
We arent back to pretending that Brady is in any way a better or superior option to Marner, are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad