Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
That’s common when your franchise has been a train wreck for years.
Without team success, the only thing some people have to hold onto is individual.

When your team has success, moves get done without arguing about it for 8 years.
Once you have established something that works, players can move in and out.
We haven’t established that yet so people are afraid of who to move.
One would think not having success would open people’s minds to trying something new, but mgmt and almost have the fanbase would apparently disagree With this idea and think running it back is the way to mive forward even though it hasn’t worked, won’t work, and quite probably will never work…….

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I thought the poll was an opinion, not an advocacy. Seems wierd people think his trade is driven by some kind of HFboard democracy.
Perhaps English isn't their first language and they are confused by some of the bigger words?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I thought the poll was an opinion, not an advocacy. Seems wierd people think his trade is driven by some kind of HFboard democracy.
It is an opinion poll, the only thing weird is that you would think otherwise.

Perhaps English isn't their first language and they are confused by some of the bigger words?
Don't you ever get tired of posting these snarky, unwarranted, condescending BS comments?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Not weird at all for some who post here, everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, but the false narratives are getting old……..
Having an opinion is one thing, posting idiotic nonsense when it seems like one should know better is another. I mean I understand it's summer time and so on but still, you'd think people could find something less ridiculous to do with their time.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
You're a good poster but I feel like your biases are running amok a little with this. As someone who also really likes Nylander he was worth $6m at the time based on his play and sat out moping until he got the extra 900k and got the victory on Dubs and set the precedent for the other 2 that the TML gm is a bitch that you can dunk on. He set the precedent. In hindsight did he make his contract worth it? Yes.
I don't know if you can compare 900k to the 3 mill over pay to marner the 3 years missing for matthews and the unnecessary jt contract as a whole but I get where your coming from

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Two consecutive years of fans on this board voting 60+% in favor of Marner being moved. Pretty telling.

It’s the 40% that are in love with the players as opposed to the team that can’t accept these guys can’t get it done……..

ProHockeyRumors.com did a poll about month ago asking whether the leafs should trade Marner, and with around 3k responses the percentage in favor was almost exactly the same as the poll on HF last summer: 69-70% in favor of trading him. Thought that was interesting/a little uncanny.

Reactions: Antropovsky

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Management and players must be on a quick vacation before the offseason officially kicks off. Been a drought for news for a while

Reactions: arso40

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
ProHockeyRumors.com did a poll about month ago asking whether the leafs should trade Marner, and with around 3k responses the percentage in favor was almost exactly the same as the poll on HF last summer: 69-70% in favor of trading him. Thought that was interesting/a little uncanny.
Be careful, stating facts doesn’t go over well here……

Having an opinion is one thing, posting idiotic nonsense when it seems like one should know better is another. I mean I understand it's summer time and so on but still, you'd think people could find something less ridiculous to do with their time.
I’m convinced that some think saying a untruth will somehow make it become true………

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
If you think longer term though, the core four is over next year anyways. JT is a modest hit or gone. Reilly isn't a given either for that matter. Plus the cap will go up a decent amount in 2025, so the Leafs have room for the "big 3" If you decide to go that way. Despite the sentiment here, Marner is still a valuable commodity and if Berube for example argues he can get more out of a playoff Marner, he might stay. I said 50/50, maybe it's more he leaves, but this daily slam dunk bitchfest only exists here, it has nothing to do with what is being weighed as we speak and to think.
Oh yes, of course, agree with your sentiment. We may well find out if Berube can get more out of Mitch than the previous two coaches did. I'd personally rather not find out, but, this is all in Mitch's hands. To be clear, I'd rather have success with him than move him, but I've not seen any indication of that being possible.

25/26 is when the next window officially starts. I feel next season is a wash, regardless of the moves made.

Perhaps as you say, as the cap goes up and more space becomes available, we can fill in the gaps around the core-3, but I don't see the 11 million dollar players doing enough to make a difference in the moments that matter. We had glimpses from Matthews, Nylander is a gamer, proven. Marner is the only one who has not come through.... I mean even Tavares has made impacts in big moments despite his (allegid) suck-level.

I am fully mentally prepared for them all to be back. I am going to hate every second of it while I cheer them on. But, if an extension for Marner comes to fruition... my level of excitedness will be low until the team with him can prove they are nothing more than pretenders.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019

Will Marner be traded this off season?​

If the question was should he be traded? I'd say yes, yesterday, please, thank you.

Will Marner be traded this off-season? I had to vote for no, man has NMC and an agent, hometown, god status, delusion that he might turn it around next playoffs and so on. On the other side of the equation is MLSE and I have even less faith in their process.

Sadly, I think he won't be traded. If anyone asks, I'll vote for trading his sorry ass any day.

The best part is the poll purposely asks if he'll be traded, not if you want to trade him. That was a smart move on behalf of his PR team.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Rumors about locker room issues in Ottawa, would you guys do Marner for Tkachuk ? No idea if Marner would waive for Ottawa but it's an interesting option. Obviously a divisional rival so probably next to 0 percent chance Ottawa would consider trading their captain here.

But Toronto (fans) are fed up with Marner, if there actually is trouble in Ottawa and how some people are speculating, it's a core piece (Could be Brady) it's an interesting option.

Obviously I think this would be a win for Toronto, as he has the size, the nastiness and the physicality we are missing and can play the top line. Also is a typical Treliving type of player. Just curious to see what that rest of you guys think. If there is a chance he's available I think we should go all in.

Marner is elite in the regular season and plays all situations, his offence could help Ottawa get into the playoffs.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Rumors about locker room issues in Ottawa, would you guys do Marner for Tkachuk ? No idea if Marner would waive for Ottawa but it's an interesting option. Obviously a divisional rival so probably next to 0 percent chance Ottawa would consider trading their captain here.

But Toronto (fans) are fed up with Marner, if there actually is trouble in Ottawa and how some people are speculating, it's a core piece (Could be Brady) it's an interesting option.

Obviously I think this would be a win for Toronto, as he has the size, the nastiness and the physicality we are missing and can play the top line. Also is a typical Treliving type of player. Just curious to see what that rest of you guys think. If there is a chance he's available I think we should go all in.

Marner is elite in the regular season and plays all situations, his offence could help Ottawa get into the playoffs.
Of course many fans here myself included would do that deal, but plenty wouldn’t………

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Should Marner get traded, yes for the right players. I would have said the same about Nylander if he was next in line for a contract.

But he will not get traded.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

Moving out one of the most popular guys on the Team for another Teams locker room cancer doesn't sound like a solid move.

Reactions: francis246

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Moving out one of the most popular guys on the Team for another Teams locker room cancer doesn't sound like a solid move.
Don't think Tkachuk is the locker room cancer, the guys on the Sens I genuinely don't like and think are problems are Chabot and Stutzle. I think it's more so guys being disgruntled with the organization.

I think Tkachuk would be liked just as much, he might not be this soft sensitive funny guy like Mitch. But he competes hard, he's mean and plays with an edge, which guys would respect. He isn't the problem to me in Ottawa, it's the other guys and their attitudes. Stutzle dives 24/7 and Chabot sadly isn't a #1D but is being paid like one.

Reactions: ToneDog and ACC1224

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
It is an opinion poll, the only thing weird is that you would think otherwise.

Don't you ever get tired of posting these snarky, unwarranted, condescending BS comments?
An opinion of what the team would do...not should do. Its very plain when read in english

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Don't think Tkachuk is the locker room cancer, the guys on the Sens I genuinely don't like and think are problems are Chabot and Stutzle. I think it's more so guys being disgruntled with the organization.

I think Tkachuk would be liked just as much, he might not be this soft sensitive funny guy like Mitch. But he competes hard, he's mean and plays with an edge, which guys would respect. He isn't the problem to me in Ottawa, it's the other guys and their attitudes. Stutzle dives 24/7 and Chabot sadly isn't a #1D but is being paid like one.
Wouldn’t Ottawa want to move out the problem guys ?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
If the question was should he be traded? I'd say yes, yesterday, please, thank you.

Will Marner be traded this off-season? I had to vote for no, man has NMC and an agent, hometown, god status, delusion that he might turn it around next playoffs and so on. On the other side of the equation is MLSE and I have even less faith in their process.

Sadly, I think he won't be traded. If anyone asks, I'll vote for trading his sorry ass any day.

The best part is the poll purposely asks if he'll be traded, not if you want to trade him. That was a smart move on behalf of his PR team.
Just as I assumed. People are weighing in on their read of the situation and the team's inclination while offering nothing about their own tactical views.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Wouldn’t Ottawa want to move out the problem guys ?
Yes, but if Tkachuk is disgruntled how some people are suggesting, he may ask for a trade. Again like I said, I think it's near impossible to have a blockbuster trade like that with a divisional rival like Ottawa, but assume both guys were ok with a trade to the other destination, as a fan would you do it ?

Reactions: ACC1224

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Yes, but if Tkachuk is disgruntled how some people are suggesting, he may ask for a trade. Again like I said, I think it's near impossible to have a blockbuster trade like that with a divisional rival like Ottawa, but assume both guys were ok with a trade to the other destination, as a fan would you do it ?
In a heartbeat.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
There could be worse returns no doubt but if he’s moved I’d rather someone who’s proven.

Reactions: AvroArrow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad