Value of: Mitch marner in off season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I would expect a three quarters for a dollar type trade, similar to the Eichel return. Tuch+Krebs+1st.

LA seems to be the most likely landing spot if he were traded. Rapport with Blake, out of conference, lots of cap space and need to bridge the age gap between the Kopitar generation and the Byfield generation.

Something like Kempe/Iafallo+Turcotte/Kaliyev+1st as a base

Why? Marner doesn't want out and the team doesn't need to trade him.

They don't need to take a hit value wise. Sabres did because it was clear Eichel wouldn't play for them again and everyone knew that.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Marner's dominants and has been , He can play PK , PP and WILL BE a 100 Point player. With his new shoot first mentality he's going to break 30 goals lots of times through out his career.

His contract is a little over priced but a fair return for him will be scoffed at here.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
How about Varlamov, Mayfield and Bailey for Marner? :sarcasm:

Seriously though, the Leafs would have a better chance of winning the Cup this year if they made that trade. Salary cap wash. Fixes goaltending. Mayfield cheap, tough, effective defenseman. Bailey has great chemistry with Tavares. It'll never, ever happen, but just throwing it out there to try to save Dubas' job. :laugh:

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Ryan ellis and Konecny for marner
1st + kerfoot for Jenner
Mzarek for Anderson
2nd for Motte

Bunting-Matthews-Konecny
Mikheyev-Tarvares-Nylander
Motte-Jenner-Kase
Simmonds/Lewis-Spezza-Kampf

Rielly-Ellis
Muzzin-Brodie
Sandin-lyubushkin

Anderson ( last dance type performance )
Campbell

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
How about Varlamov, Mayfield and Bailey for Marner? :sarcasm:

Seriously though, the Leafs would have a better chance of winning the Cup this year if they made that trade. Salary cap wash. Fixes goaltending. Mayfield cheap, tough, effective defenseman. Bailey has great chemistry with Tavares. It'll never, ever happen, but just throwing it out there to try to save Dubas' job. :laugh:
Terrible offer. Think of what Barzal is worth then double it because Marner is twice the player.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Terrible offer. Think of what Barzal is worth then double it because Marner is twice the player.
It wasn't actually an offer, hence the :sarcasm:. And you may have missed the part where I said it would "never, ever happen". Other than that, your righteous indignation was well placed. :squint:

However, I stand by my comment that the Leafs would stand a better chance of winning the Cup this year if they made the deal.

And Marner twice the player Barzal is? Okey dokey.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
It wasn't actually an offer, hence the :sarcasm:. And you may have missed the part where I said it would "never, ever happen". Other than that, your righteous indignation was well placed. :squint:

However, I stand by my comment that the Leafs would stand a better chance of winning the Cup this year if they made the deal.

And Marner twice the player Barzal is? Okey dokey.
Marner is twice the player Barzal is. If it was Barzal from a few years ago I would never say that, but it isn't Barzal from a few years ago.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Marner is twice the player Barzal is. If it was Barzal from a few years ago I would never say that, but it isn't Barzal from a few years ago.
Yeah, well Barzal a few years ago hadn't made it past the second round of the playoffs yet, so maybe he was a better comparable to Marner back then.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I would expect a three quarters for a dollar type trade, similar to the Eichel return. Tuch+Krebs+1st.

LA seems to be the most likely landing spot if he were traded. Rapport with Blake, out of conference, lots of cap space and need to bridge the age gap between the Kopitar generation and the Byfield generation.

Something like Kempe/Iafallo+Turcotte/Kaliyev+1st as a base
Hell no! But if you want to speak about Nylander then that would fit the team better.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Yeah, well Barzal a few years ago hadn't made it past the second round of the playoffs yet, so maybe he was a better comparable to Marner back then.
Well Barzal can even lead his team to a playoff spot this year but I mean who cares about making the playoffs right.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Ryan ellis and Konecny for marner
1st + kerfoot for Jenner
Mzarek for Anderson
2nd for Motte

Bunting-Matthews-Konecny
Mikheyev-Tarvares-Nylander
Motte-Jenner-Kase
Simmonds/Lewis-Spezza-Kampf

Rielly-Ellis
Muzzin-Brodie
Sandin-lyubushkin

Anderson ( last dance type performance )
Campbell

Wow this is awful.

1647447191647.png

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Every single fan base will think his 11m dollar cap hit makes him immovable

We’ve been over this: other fans want us to retain 1-3mil on the deal, which won’t happen

I think it's silly to suggest that Mitch Marner is unmovable. That being said, his contract does make the potential return the Leafs would get perhaps less than his talent level should command.

If the Leafs plan on shopping him around this off-season to see if he could bring back a package that could better balance the team, they better hope he plays decently this spring. If he has another playoff like last year, there would be no point trading him because his contract and his playoff record are going to scare of suitors and the Leafs would be foolish to sell a player of that value for anything less than full price. He might be more valuable to keep than he would be to move if there are issues at play.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I really believe it’s time to retool the core. I’m not saying marner is the reason the leafs are struggling we all can see where the issues are. But to solve those issues we need cap room and players that play a stronger game with a bit of a mean streak. Marner to me is the one that has enough value to give leads a great return along with the cap space needed to retool. I know he is better then nylander by long shot. But I would rather the extra cap space and assets he would return over the cap space and assets nylander would bring back.

So would love to hear what people think is an honest value and to what teams

Nylander would be more likely

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Marners cap hit is fine, when pastas contract is up and he signs for 10 + million, would you consider trading him for Laf ?

If the Bruins were capped out and sucked on defense and in net I would for sure. Especially if Pasta started choking in the playoffs like Marner. In fact, the second Pasta held out for outrageous money, I'd ship him out. Boston has built 15 years of success around the idea of only keeping core players who want to be there; and wanting to be there means taking a bit less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad