Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVIII: The Liaison of Doom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
For those who want context to what Simmonds is referring to without clicking on the actual article by that assclown (I got this from another site myself):
Sounds like he actually would know, even better than most, by being exposed to all those organizations.

He should probably stick to covering the City of Choke, proudly marketing the Jays and Leafs

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Ya I guarantee seeler plays more than 25 games lmao. He is going to start the season on the 3rd pair
Guys, we all know players like Thompson, Seeler, etc. don't matter because they are 4th line, 3rd pair players and they don't play "much"

This isn’t last year. Unless Zamula and Attard falter and York sulks ( I expect this is a wake up call and we see him in a couple months) it won’t happen.
Except it has happened for the past decade with this organization

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well you see… the organization that Chuckles runs would bring in a shitty ass veteran and bury a player like Newhook before he even got a chance.

The Avalanche want to see what they have. Yes, the team that just won the Stanley Cup is giving their players runway to see what they have because that’s what good franchises do.
Not “would”. They actually did.

But Anisimov got hurt, so he didn’t get the 2C spot. :laugh:

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Prediction: None of the multi-million dollar players on waivers will be claimed.

Teams just don't have the cap space with the league cap still so restricted.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wait. I thought they were an up and coming franchise.
They signed who?

Except what it means is none of these players are worth their salary, uh, wasn't that the point?

No, that's not what it means. A player can still be worth their salary and still be unable to be added on short notice due to the salary cap. This has been explained to you repeatedly.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No, that's not what it means. A player can still be worth their salary and still be unable to be added on short notice due to the salary cap. This has been explained to you repeatedly.
But it's not true, as TB has shown repeatedly.
If a player is worth his salary, and fills a team need, they'll find a way to fit him in.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
But it's not true, as TB has shown repeatedly.
If a player is worth his salary, and fills a team need, they'll find a way to fit him in.

TB has required a good amount of injury "luck" to do that. What is a team supposed to do, take a lead pipe to a player's knee to manufacture space?

You're also accidentally slagging the hell out of Fletcher again, by the way. If moving money is so easy, then it really makes it clear how inept your boy is.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
If that were true our roster would look different.

Do you believe Yandle deserved to play nonstop last year?
Based on his play no. Based on the record he was chasing absolutely. Flyers would have been classless otherwise. And the fact you don’t think he should have tells me you understand neither how a strong classy organization works and you just proved again you have no understanding whatsoever the meaning of merit

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Based on his play no. Based on the record he was chasing absolutely. Flyers would have been classless otherwise. And the fact you don’t think he should have tells me you understand neither what a strong classy organization works and you just proved again you have no understanding whatsoever the meaning of merit

Ah, so the team isn't run on merit. If it were run on merit, then he would have been benched. Chasing a pointless record instead of chasing wins helps demonstrate how bad this team's values are. Thanks for doing that for me.

A strong, classy organization would put the needs of the whole team ahead of the selfish and empty record-chasing of a single soft free-loading bum.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Based on his play no. Based on the record he was chasing absolutely. Flyers would have been classless otherwise. And the fact you don’t think he should have tells me you understand neither how a strong classy organization works and you just proved again you have no understanding whatsoever the meaning of merit
Allowing Keith Yandle to make a mockery of the franchise with his on ice play made the Flyers look the exact opposite of a strong classy organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad