Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVIII: The Liaison of Doom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

danny-de-vito-no.gif

Guaranteed 12 times I won't be watching Calgary. :laugh:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
... and then bench him anyway during the death rattles of a lost season ... and then waive a cancer survivor in the off-season of that lost season while adding nobody of lasting value to the roster.

Strong Flyers. Classy Flyers. Lost Flyers.

Trading 3 picks for a racist POS that can't play defense, buying out Oskar, signing Deslauriers, and passing on Gaudreau...what a series of moves!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Trading 3 picks for a racist POS that can't play defense, buying out Oskar, signing Deslauriers, and passing on Gaudreau...what a series of moves!
Buying out Oskar was the worst of the lot. I'll hold my breath on DeAngelo (while hoping the team loses every game. Deslauriers was a ridiculous overpay for an unneeded skill. And I am relieved Gaudreau wasn't signed because the last thing the Flyers need is another long expensive contract on an older player, particularly one who would move the competitiveness needle just enough to nudge the team higher in the bottom 10.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I thought the 32TP discussion of the Flyers situation was lame. All about whether they should intentionally tank and not what has actually happened, which is a capped out team which already has a bottom 5 roster. They made it sound like if the Flyers management and their fans could just accept tanking, they would be guaranteed Bedard. But if you finish last, the odds of picking 1st are 18.5%. You can't plan around that happening. You could plan around getting a pick in the top 6 by being really bad, but not 1st or 2nd overall.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I thought the 32TP discussion of the Flyers situation was lame. All about whether they should intentionally tank and not what has actually happened, which is a capped out team which already has a bottom 5 roster. They made it sound like if the Flyers management and their fans could just accept tanking, they would be guaranteed Bedard. But if you finish last, the odds of picking 1st are 18.5%. You can't plan around that happening. You could plan around getting a pick in the top 6 by being really bad, but not 1st or 2nd overall.

The NHL draft lottery changing to increase the importance of effective scouting and development was just about the worst thing that could happen to the Flyers

Philadelphiastrasse

Oct 5, 2017
The NHL draft lottery changing to increase the importance of effective scouting and development was just about the worst thing that could happen to the Flyers
Can't we just draft a player and then after a couple of years tell the league which player we really wanted to draft an then get that player? I mean we almost nearly said the name. Seems fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad