Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVIII: The Liaison of Doom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Definitely getting traded, just like Couturier and Sanheim before him.
I never expected Couts to go anywhere. He was a useful player from day 1. Plays the game the right way. Sanheim was possible but he figured it out.

Frost isn’t comparable to those two in any way or form

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I never expected Couts to go anywhere. He was a useful player from day 1. Plays the game the right way. Sanheim was possible but he figured it out.

Frost isn’t comparable to those two in any way or form
Sure, bud. He definitely much more like Keith Yandle in his final NHL season. :eyeroll:

Reactions: Tripod

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Your a guy that doesn’t understand the impact of the Deslauriers fight with Maroon. Changed the entire game and it’s outcome. I don’t think you will ever understand that heavyweights still impact the game.

Yes, I very much remember how the Flyers were outplayed after that fight. Just as they were outplayed after MacEwen got Braun mugged while Deslauriers did nothing to prevent or avenge it.

I perfectly understand the level of impact heavyweights have on the game: they are cap inefficient anchors who drag their own teams down. Their era has been dead and gone for a long time now. Time to come to grips with it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The 80's count as the "modern era"??????

Dude you should love Howe. During the alumni game he played in, he was outskating dudes who had just retired. Very very much a "modern" defenseman. Extremely efficient. When he and MacCrimmon were on the ice the rink basically tilted severely towards the opposing end. He also played until 1995.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Dude you should love Howe. During the alumni game he played in, he was outskating dudes who had just retired. Very very much a "modern" defenseman. Extremely efficient. When he and MacCrimmon were on the ice the rink basically tilted severely towards the opposing end. He also played until 1995.
I wasn't bashing Howe at all. I'm just confused by the 80s being considered "modern hockey".

The 80's and 90's are very different from present day... which is modern hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad