Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVIII: The Liaison of Doom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I don't think any team in the league wants Mike Reilly at $3M. We'll find out.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

For those who want context to what Simmonds is referring to without clicking on the actual article by that assclown (I got this from another site myself):

No one wants to say this because of the politically correct police and all, but those who coached Akim Aliu must cringe every time they see him in a news report or a commercial talking about what’s wrong with hockey. Like he would know. By my count, Aliu played for 23 teams in nine different leagues in 12 professional seasons and rarely finished any season with the same team he started with. If that was colour-related, how is it that Wayne Simmonds spent just about the same 12 seasons playing in the NHL?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Imagine that.

And their alternative is what? JT Compher? A marginal 3C?

This is more like "I hope Newhook can live up to his draft status, b/c we're so thin up front that I'm gonna have to promote some AHL+ players."

Jost #10, gone, Kaut #16 placed on waivers.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Stanley Cup champion doesn’t have a 2C and has to play a good prospect! :laugh:

MindlessCompleteDunnart-size_restricted.gif

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

This is more like "I hope Newhook can live up to his draft status, b/c we're so thin up front that I'm gonna have to promote some AHL+ players."

Imagine being so thin up front and still winning a cup. Sounds just like the Flyers

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Well you see… the organization that Chuckles runs would bring in a shitty ass veteran and bury a player like Newhook before he even got a chance.

The Avalanche want to see what they have. Yes, the team that just won the Stanley Cup is giving their players runway to see what they have because that’s what good franchises do.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well you see… the organization that Chuckles runs would bring in a shitty ass veteran and bury a player like Newhook before he even got a chance.

The Avalanche want to see what they have. Yes, the team that just won the Stanley Cup is giving their players runway to see what they have because that’s what good franchises do.

And if they do have it, then congrats! You have cap efficiency.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
If a good player stopped them from playing, I’m sure people wouldn’t have that much of an issue. But nick f***ing seeler lol

But ya I’d much rather have him than f***ing seeler rn
Here’s the thing. Seeler is fine as a number 7. 20 games or so a year. Most every team has someone similar. You pay a vet under a million to do this. If he plays more than 25 games that’s a different issue

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Here’s the thing. Seeler is fine as a number 7. 20 games or so a year. Most every team has someone similar. You pay a vet under a million to do this. If he plays more than 25 games that’s a different issue

He played 43 games last year and the only reason that wasn't more was injury and COVID. Fletcher is the only GM who considers him a regular NHLer.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
He played 43 games last year and the only reason that wasn't more was injury and COVID. Fletcher is the only GM who considers him a regular NHLer.
This isn’t last year. Unless Zamula and Attard falter and York sulks ( I expect this is a wake up call and we see him in a couple months) it won’t happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad