Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVIII: The Liaison of Doom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
A sure-fire way to prove that the culture and lack of accountability was the problem for years is to watch how the Flyers are going to be significantly better this year than last year and the Senators are going to be significantly worse than they were last year.

If you don’t think leadership and a player like Giroux setting an example for the rest of the guys matters to the makeup (or downfall) of a team, you’re in for a rude surprise.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver trades Jason Dickinson & a 2nd to Chicago for Ryan Stillman.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Martin Kaut waived. Kind of surprised he ended up a complete bust.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Surprised Valimaki was waived. You're telling me a team wouldn't give a mid round pick for a former 1st? We see it all the time. I say that as someone who never liked Valimaki. At all. There were a lot of guys I didn't like in the back half of that 1st. Funnily enough, Frost still looks like one of the better picks in the late 1st-2nd, this side of Robertson........who they could've only taken with the Frost pick.

I remember someone wanted us to take Valimaki at 13, so we could trade Sanheim. Time is a flat circle.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Oskar with his 1st point.

One of the weirder things was NEVER using him consistently on the PP, like with Giroux. Tip, shoot, retrieve. Lefty shot, good at that role at other levels. But the team always did have a handle on PP efficacy.

Proud Whaler. He's also on my fantasy team, but I think he's on the bench cause I drafted him late and forgot about Prague.

Reactions: Magua

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Screenshot_20221008-211040_Instagram.jpg

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Interesting from the rest of the world / "where are they now": former 1st rounder + Winnipeg Jet + CBJ Marko Daňo scores hattrick in the first 8 minutes of today's CZ Extraliga game

1665331734364.png

Couple other exNHL stuff in that game, backup goalie against Daňo is WJC star Denis Godla; Daňo's team also has Mazanec (Nashville) or Nestrašil (Carolina, Det) on the roster. The opponent is also Flyers superstar Petr Straka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad