Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVIII: The Liaison of Doom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
What would you classify it as?

In case it isn't clear, he's "asking" the reporter to remove the phallic shaped microphone from her mouth.

Do you not classify this as sexual harassment?
Ah didn't hear the inuendo about the mic. Thanks for your vigilance in these times of depravity and angst.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Looks like that guy has severe mental illness that isn't being treated and is an indictment of the mental health crisis but that isn't "current thing" enough to be selectively outraged over. He very clearly looks homeless and out of his mind. If you've ever been to any big city in North America, you can find a guy like this shouting insane shit at random people 24/7. But yeah let's make it all about sexual harassment and "male hockey fans bad" since it fits neatly into the story...

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Looks like that guy has severe mental illness that isn't being treated and is an indictment of the mental health crisis but that isn't "current thing" enough to be selectively outraged over. He very clearly looks homeless and out of his mind. If you've ever been to any big city in North America, you can find a guy like this shouting insane shit at random people 24/7. But yeah let's make it all about sexual harassment and "male hockey fans bad" since it fits neatly into the story...
"There’s something grimly poetic about being sexually harassed by a man in a hockey jersey while talking about alleged sexual misconduct by hockey players."

It has nothing to do with male hockey fans.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
"There’s something grimly poetic about being sexually harassed by a man in a hockey jersey while talking about alleged sexual misconduct by hockey players."

It has nothing to do with male hockey fans.
Way to gloss over the entire point. She selectively ignored that the guy was clearly mentally ill because it fit in with her story but hey the mental health crisis isn't the flavor of the day so I get it.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Way to gloss over the entire point. She selectively ignored that the guy was clearly mentally ill because it fit in with her story but hey the mental health crisis isn't the flavor of the day so I get it.
No point was glossed over and nothing was selectively ignored in this situation. She reported on X and something related to X happened to her while reporting about it. She doesn't need to talk about Y issues.

She felt she was sexually harassed in that moment. The fact that the man is likely mentally ill does not matter as it does not absolve him of his actions. This is way too deep of a conversation to be having in a miscellaneous hockey thread though.

Reactions: dragonoffrost

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

His supposed mental illness is not her problem nor she should have to tolerate that type of harassment because of it.

Additionally, the mental health crisis IS the flavor of the day. It's more discussed today than ever before. Just google "mental health pandemic."

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
His supposed mental illness is not her problem nor she should have to tolerate that type of harassment because of it.

Additionally, the mental health crisis IS the flavor of the day. It's more discussed today than ever before. Just google "mental health pandemic."
Funny how it's conveniently ignored here though because most people don't take offense if a mentally ill individual says crazy shit to them even if it's offensive. And if a person was truly concerned or offended, they would go to the police or social services, not make a twitter post. I just don't see what's "grimly poetic" about using a clearly mentally ill and likely homeless individual to make your point about sexual misconduct in hockey.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Funny how it's conveniently ignored here though because most people don't take offense if a mentally ill individual says crazy shit to them even if it's offensive. And if a person was truly concerned or offended, they would go to the police or social services, not make a twitter post. I just don't see what's "grimly poetic" about using a clearly mentally ill and likely homeless individual to make your point about sexual misconduct in hockey.
Umm... no, no, they wouldn't.

One could argue that it's also "grimly poetic" that you believe that going to the police (or social services) would yield any type of positive result for the offended party knowing what happened with Hockey Canada and the police investigation.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Umm... no, no, they wouldn't.

One could argue that it's also "grimly poetic" that you believe that going to the police (or social services) would yield any type of positive result for the offended party knowing what happened with Hockey Canada and the police investigation.
Yeah you're right, it's better to just ignore the obvious mental illness and score sweet social media validation.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yeah you're right, it's better to just ignore the obvious mental illness and score sweet social media validation.
You sound like a victim blamer.

She felt that she was sexually harassed. That's where it ends. It doesn't need to go any deeper than that in an attempt to diminish how she felt.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

This is a strange hill for you to die, but to each their own. Have a good weekend.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
You sound like a victim blamer.

She felt that she was sexually harassed. That's where it ends. It doesn't need to go any deeper than that in an attempt to diminish how she felt.
Nice buzzword. Sorry that you feel using mentally ill individuals to make your point is OK.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Honestly, I think they are going to be a bit better than we think. I think they have a lot of great young pieces and a decent D-core right now, especially with Subban gone. I'll be honest, I think Eakins gets fired before Ruff.
DJ Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad