Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVIII: The Liaison of Doom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Honestly, I think they are going to be a bit better than we think. I think they have a lot of great young pieces and a decent D-core right now, especially with Subban gone. I'll be honest, I think Eakins gets fired before Ruff.
Like their team and the moves they made. do not like the coach. Shocked they kept him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Honestly, I think they are going to be a bit better than we think. I think they have a lot of great young pieces and a decent D-core right now, especially with Subban gone. I'll be honest, I think Eakins gets fired before Ruff.

I have no idea how Eakins got a second HC job right out of Edmonton. That team was an AV-tier mess under him.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

The headline isn't really the biggest item in the article, though:

Also Thursday, Nova Scotia Premier Tim Houston said he needs to see meaningful changes at Hockey Canada before the 2023 world junior hockey championship can proceed in his province. Halifax and Moncton, N.B., are to co-host the tournament in December and January.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Czech TV "experts" before the game:

"What would I say about Roman Josi? Wow he is fantastic. Great, almost nothing missing. But I think he would definitely look better if he was more physical. Have you seen how big he is?"

ooooooooooooooooooo

edit - why the F is Prague booing Nashville, I have no idea

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Some interesting names, a few I wouldn’t mind taking a swing at if we actually had the cap space. Also if we weren’t at 49 contracts.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Some interesting names, a few I wouldn’t mind taking a swing at if we actually had the cap space. Also if we weren’t at 49 contracts.

And that last contract is going to Anisimov.

None of those guys really excite me, but you just have to laugh at the incompetence. No cap flexibility, no contract flexibility, and a shitty NHL roster. The bad GM checklist.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Calgary has to do it to stay competitive but good luck to whoever sees the end of the deals they handed out this summer.
Ftr, I think the Weegar deal is fair and likely manageable with an increasing cap (Sanheim comp?). I'm just generally against this many max term contracts for guys into their 30s.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
My dream of Anton on the Flyers a reality?

Screen-Shot-2020-09-15-at-11.45.17-AM.a5beecf4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad