Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVIII: The Liaison of Doom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Interesting from the rest of the world / "where are they now": former 1st rounder + Winnipeg Jet + CBJ Marko Daňo scores hattrick in the first 8 minutes of today's CZ Extraliga game

View attachment 591963

Couple other exNHL stuff in that game, backup goalie against Daňo is WJC star Denis Godla; Daňo's team also has Mazanec (Nashville) or Nestrašil (Carolina, Det) on the roster. The opponent is also Flyers superstar Petr Straka.
Dano trading tree is so amazing. From Blue jackets perspective they shipped him along with Anisimov who was in his last contract year while they had Wennberg emerging to Chicago for Saad who they have later traded for Panarin. That's what you call capitalising on player while his trade value is still high and taking advantage of other teams cap situation.

Now from Blackhawks perspective they ship out Saad for Dano just to then trade him alongside 1st rounder for washed up rental in Ladd. They move out Panarin for Saad and then they trade Saad for one year of Zadorov whose rights they trade to end up with third round pick.

Reminds me of whole Simmonds Hartman Pitlick situation lol or Hartnell for Umberger.

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
If a good player stopped them from playing, I’m sure people wouldn’t have that much of an issue. But nick f***ing seeler lol

But ya I’d much rather have him than f***ing seeler rn
So, to be clear, you want to bury York and Zamula in the minors all season in favor of playing Mike Reilly?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Newhook taken two picks after York.

Reilly is a guy that seems to wear out his welcome after a while. If he blocked more shots and played in his own zone more, he'd have signed a $25 million contract in the offseason.

No they don't have to claim him at this juncture. It just goes to show, blowing your budget on sub-replacement players before and on the first day of free agency is not prudent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad