Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVIII: The Liaison of Doom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It’s too late for me to think about this critically but JFresh says it doesn’t take him to UFA.

I know his birthday is late, but it’s 7 professional seasons…..he didn’t have a slide year. I’m apparently an idiot because it’s news to me that AHL and NHL time accrued is not the same for 20+ year olds and RFA. Yet another reason to get late summer birthdays.

In that case, I understand the team’s rationale, and it fits him under the cap. And it in all but name walks him to UFA as a 1 year RFA. I’d ask why he didn’t shave a season off with an increasing cap, but I can’t argue with a financial safety net.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Even back then, Makar could use his agility, stickhandling, speed, timing and vision as a way of deceiving opponents to his advantage. But because he did not see defensemen at higher levels play that way, Makar thought it might not work as he went up the ranks.

"It might have been the first year in Canada they aired the NCAA championship with [Shayne] Gostisbehere and Union," Makar recalled. "That was kind of the first guy where I was like, 'Wow. He's doing that. All the stuff that I am doing right now, but at a level that is way higher.' In my mind, it was like, 'Wow. There is some hope there.'

"It was the first moment I realized there was a change in style. That was definitely a defining moment for sure."

@Striiker

dumb-dumber.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

@Striiker

dumb-dumber.gif
See I look at this and see 100% irrefutable proof that the scouts wanted Makar.

Dominoes...if Hextall doesn't botch that draft then they don't need to sign Yandle because they already have their cheaper Ghost replacement.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
See I look at this and see 100% irrefutable proof that the scouts wanted Makar.

Dominoes...if Hextall doesn't botch that draft then they don't need to sign Yandle because they already have their cheaper Ghost replacement.

Can you imagine them "developing" Makar? I can't even imagine how badly that would have gone. Actually, we saw exactly how badly it would have gone lol. (Not that he and Ghost were exactly the same, obviously.)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I know his birthday is late, but it’s 7 professional seasons…..he didn’t have a slide year. I’m apparently an idiot because it’s news to me that AHL and NHL time accrued is not the same for 20+ year olds and RFA. Yet another reason to get late summer birthdays.
Friedman was told by someone that Dallas was looking at 4 years not 3, because he would still be a RFA after 4. It was a surprise to him, too.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
So BizNasty supposedly went all frat boy Barstool on TNT last night.

Cancel culture is out in full force.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So BizNasty supposedly went all frat boy Barstool on TNT last night.

Cancel culture is out in full force.
I mean he IS all frat boy. That's his entire persona.

I believe he made some comment after talking about Seguin about how a lot of women only watch because they're hot.

A stupid comment? Yes. Worth getting worked up about? Probably not.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
For those following the Hockey Canada saga, another huge sponsor, Canadian Tire, just pulled out its funding for men's hockey. Along with Tim Horton's, Scotiabank, Chevrolet and Telus. Expect the Board's resignations shortly, along with the purge of the entire front office. The morons at HC thought they could be cute with the parliamentary committee and the pulled federal government funding because they had private sponsorship. Not any more.

Canadian Tire latest sponsor to cut ties with Hockey Canada - Sportsnet.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad