Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVIII: The Liaison of Doom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Hockey Dad

Michkov save us
May 30, 2013
Canada
This should be posted in here too. That team could be real fun to watch this year.

Giroux and DeBrincat seem like they'll be a nasty combo.

And now he scores one

What did DeBrincat end up getting traded for? 7th, 39th and 2024 3rd. Imagine if this front office was competent and prioritized keeping Giroux and surrounding him with talent. Painful

NateThompson44

<3 APPLEYARD <3
Feb 16, 2019
London

giphy.gif

Fletcher pick up your goddam phone

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I know a Nigerian Prince and if you just send me a little money ill make it worth your while.

I have proof it’s legit but you can’t see it so just believe me because I said I have it.

I love it when people make up elaborate stories for attention out of desperation to prove a point or pass themselves off as something or someone they're not.

Reminds me of this little scene from Billy Madison:

Bus Driver (Chris Farley):
That Veronica Vaughn is one hot piece of ass, I know from experience dude. If you know what I mean.

Billy Madison
No, you don't.

Bus Driver:
Well, not me personally but a guy I know. Him and her GOT IT ON. WOOO-EEEE.

Billy Madison:
No they didn't.

Bus Driver:
No, No, they didn't. But you could imagine what it'd be like if they, eh, eh... everybody on, good, great, grand, wonderful, NO YELLING ON THE BUS!

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
On 32TTP:

Marek: "Was it ever in doubt? I mean, we talked about it when the season ended, oh yeah, Giroux to Ottawa, that's the layup, that's the 2 foot putt. Was it?"

Giroux: "No, no it wasn't. Uh you know, when the season ended, you know, I really liked it in Florida, it was a good time, and we had a good team, and uh, at the end of the day it just didn't work out for both sides. So uh, it was time to look at other options, and Ottawa was always in the mix, but uh, it's when I started really realizing about the team, the coaches, and being able to join a group that we can build together, got me very excited.

Obviously staying at home it's a definitely a plus, but I'd like to say it's not the reason I'm here. I'm here cause I like the core group, the way the team was playing at the second half last year, how they took a step, and all those young guys the way they played in the second half, that's what made me pretty excited."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
On 32TTP:

Marek: "Was it ever in doubt? I mean, we talked about it when the season ended, oh yeah, Giroux to Ottawa, that's the layup, that's the 2 foot putt. Was it?"

Giroux: "No, no it wasn't. Uh you know, when the season ended, you know, I really liked it in Florida, it was a good time, and we had a good team, and uh, at the end of the day it just didn't work out for both sides. So uh, it was time to look at other options, and Ottawa was always in the mix, but uh, it's when I started really realizing about the team, the coaches, and being able to join a group that we can build together, got me very excited.

Obviously staying at home it's a definitely a plus, but I'd like to say it's not the reason I'm here. I'm here cause I like the core group, the way the team was playing at the second half last year, how they took a step, and all those young guys the way they played in the second half, that's what made me pretty excited."

good-night-sweet-prince-big-lebowski.gif

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Friedman: "I just wanted to ask you about Philly. You know, it just seems like things in the last couple of years went completely haywire there. With 20/20 hindsight, Claude, do you have any theories on why it kinda went that way?"

Giroux: "No, I don't. But like, last year, you know, we start the season not bad, and then you lose Couturier, you lose Farabee, you lose Ellis, you lose Hayes. I mean, those are your top guys. And when you lose those kinda guys it's hard to compete every night with teams that are healthy. So one thing happened bad, and then another thing, it was kind of a nightmare of a season.

It's kind of frustrating a little bit, cause we did think we had a good team on paper. And if everybody was healthy, I think it would have been a different, different result. So it's definitely frustrating that uh my last year as a Flyer that's how it was. So, but you know, it's a great organization, Chuck Fletcher has been unbelievable to me, and uh Paul Holmgren and Bobby Clarke and everybody just, they've been great to me since I was 20 years old."

• Wow
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
On 32TTP:

What's better, GM or player speak?

Reactions: BernieParent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad