Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVIII: The Liaison of Doom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
There should be away for nhl teams to declare a player retired after missing a predetermined number of games. Say after missing 120 consecutive games, the team has the option to declare a player is effectively retired and can buy the player out at a significantly reduced amount and not have it count against the cap. Then if you use it, you can’t do it again for 3 years.

It’s not a big problem in the nhl, but forcing teams to be handicapped by occasional injury bad luck isn’t helping the league expand its visibility. To have one of its historically best income draws hamstrung by having one of its best players getting a stick in the eye from mid level grinder or a guy who leaves a lot of options for recovery on the table and is barely involved with the organization isn’t fair to the organization.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
There should be away for nhl teams to declare a player retired after missing a predetermined number of games. Say after missing 120 consecutive games, the team has the option to declare a player is effectively retired and can buy the player out at a significantly reduced amount and not have it count against the cap. Then if you use it, you can’t do it again for 3 years.

It’s not a big problem in the nhl, but forcing teams to be handicapped by occasional injury bad luck isn’t helping the league expand its visibility by having one of its historically best income draws hamstrung by having one of its best players getting a stick in the eye from mid level grinder or a guy who leaves a lot of options for recovery on the table and is barely involved with the organization.
NHLPA will never go for it as they want full value of the contract to be paid out they signed is my guess

Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
That's what LTIR is for - long term injuries. Anything that involves an injured player getting millions of dollars taken away from him, isn't going to fly.

Reactions: Tripod

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
NHLPA will never go for it as they want full value of the contract to be paid out they signed is my guess
And watching the NHL owners and NHLPA negotiate…. Two groups who are intent on sacrificing the future for every last nickel today.

Maybe the reason the NHL got rid of the named conferences and divisions is that the current idiots didn’t want to be reminded how much better their great grandfathers and great uncles were at building the NHL than they are.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Islanders better hope he starts producing again because $9M for a 60 point player is pretty steep.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Damm right
DelayedFrigidHoiho-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad