Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVI: 86 Proof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Would have guessed Calgary would have went for more contract certainty with their return. You would have gotten lesser players than these two of course but could have potentially had guys locked up past next year.

Florida has to make these next few years count because four straight years potentially without a first is tough.
Imagine they still will have a better farm at the end of those 4 years than us hahahahah

Reactions: BiggE

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Florida is probably thinner now than they were. When their window is basically right now. But they don't have many good prospects left, nor any picks until about Year 3196, to turn into strong roster adds now. I bet they end up regretting giving up The Weeg.

Reactions: TheKingPin

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Florida is probably thinner now than they were. When their window is basically right now. But they don't have many good prospects left, nor any picks until about Year 3196, to turn into strong roster adds now. I bet they end up regretting giving up The Weeg.
Florida's management is smarter than this but I can't help but think there are a lot of Panthers fans happy to see Weegar go a la Ghost

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Shocked. I personally think Huby, and Weegar for Chucky straight up is a Calgary loss. Throw in a prospect and a 1st.. Jesus.

Reactions: dats81

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Florida got the most impactful overall player, and the youngest by far, in the deal. That part is a win, even if the Huberdeau name has shock value. Their forward depth, even with Duclair injured, is very good.

But I really don't know what's going on with their defense. Weegar gets flack for having his aggressive sliders set to max, but their defense group just looks weak subtracting him. He is a very good player, end of story, and there is a massive hole subtracting a top pair defender. Gudas, Forsling, Montour is fine depth, along with Ekblad up top, but internally, their prospect pool is forward heavy. I don't know that they have assets to even fill the Weegar hole. Also, that Yandle *spit* buyout cap hit f***ing sucks.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
6236E8F9-B7CB-4617-9817-B7DAC444077E.jpeg.jpg

:laugh:

@Beef Invictus, after years of watching the Panthers more than I probably should have just to watch Huberdeau (and Barkov) wizardry, I may have to allocate some time for Calgary. :amazed:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Florida got the most impactful overall player, and the youngest by far, in the deal. That part is a win, even if the Huberdeau name has shock value. Their forward depth, even with Duclair injured, is very good.

But I really don't know what's going on with their defense. Weegar gets flack for having his aggressive sliders set to max, but their defense group just looks weak subtracting him. He is a very good player, end of story, and there is a massive hole subtracting a top pair defender. Gudas, Forsling, Montour is fine depth, along with Ekblad up top, but internally, their prospect pool is forward heavy. I don't know that they have assets to even fill the Weegar hole. Also, that Yandle *spit* buyout cap hit f***ing sucks.
Their forward quality is very good, but their depth took a big hit this offseason
Tkachuk, Barkov, Reinhart, Bennett, Verhaeghe, Duclair (I), Lundell.
then Hornqvist (36), Luostarinen, Lomberg, White, Cousins, Balcars, Denisenko, Bunnaman, Mayhew

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014

The statement was released after Conservative MP John Nater, a member of the Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage, told TSN on Thursday he plans to ask Hockey Canada on July 27 to respond to allegations that more than a half-dozen players on the 2003 World Junior team were recorded during the tournament having sex with a woman who was naked and non-responsive.

Nater, who represents the southwestern Ontario riding of Perth-Wellington, said he spoke with a source who said he viewed a video of the alleged incident in the spring of 2003, several months after the World Junior tournament was held in Halifax.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Is Florida going to trade for a defender or are they betting on a player(s) on the roster to replace Weegar’s contributions with more ice time?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Even if Flames go scorched earth, they could absolutely slay this trade deadline , or re sign the guys the just got. That’s some high level GM ing in Calgary.

Panthers either win or fold lol

Is Florida going to trade for a defender or are they betting on a player(s) on the roster to replace Weegar’s contributions with more ice time?

Please can Zito be a Risto fan , he dropped his pants for Chariot , so a boy can dream lol.

Reactions: Amorgus and BiggE

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Not sure what to think of the Tkachuk trade. Why would Florida trade Huberdeau unless they expect him to test the market next summer? In that case why would Calgary make that trade?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Florida Provorov just lost his Florida Ghost.

*also the other thread got closed, but no, O’Connor didn’t compare Gauthier to Tkachuk. I’m just mocking his claim that it was an upside pick. :laugh:

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Florida Provorov just lost his Florida Ghost.

*also the other thread got closed, but no, O’Connor didn’t compare Gauthier to Tkachuk. I’m just mocking his claim that it was an upside pick. :laugh:
That’s some harsh criticism of Ekblad.

I was wondering if Gostisbehere might be a good fit in Florida now. Not sure what it’d cost them.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Tkachuk was still an RFA and was arbitration bound this summer, so CGY was still in control.

I think both teams did well, but Huberdeau and Weegar are both UFA next summer
Yes but Calgary had little control. Tkatchuk was leaving, gave them a short list of teams he would sign long term and they just lost Gaudreau. It was move him now or watch the return diminish over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad