Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVI: 86 Proof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Montreal finished 32nd and have 27 picks over the next three years, with 8 in the first two rounds

Flyers finished 29th and have 21 picks, with 5 in the first two rounds

Round 1: 4x
Round 2: 1x
Round 3: 4x
Round 4: 4x
Round 5: 2x
Round 6: 3x
Round 7: 3x

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
So let's see. Those who are in favor of tanking, and constantly complain about trading draft picks, are now complaining that Chuck didn't trade a 1st rd. pick in order to rid the team of one last non-contending season of JVR, in order to sign a 29-year-old Gaudreau for 7 years at $9M per.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. LOL.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
No fan with half a brain is confused and garbled and contradictory with their messaging. That’s the aimless unsuccessful team.

You have a team as flukey as it was in the Stanley Cup two years ago admitting they need to tear it down. Compare that to the Flyers. :laugh:

And an actual dynasty team, who just committed $76 mil last offseason to one player, is rebuilding too.

pulp-fiction-pride.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So let's see. Those who are in favor of tanking, and constantly complain about trading draft picks, are now complaining that Chuck didn't trade a 1st rd. pick in order to rid the team of one last non-contending season of JVR, in order to sign a 29-year-old Gaudreau for 7 years at $9M per.

How many times does it need to be explained to you before you stop misinterpreting everyone?

Again, I present that either you’re 1) incapable of understanding things or 2) you’re intentionally misrepresenting what people are saying and again I don’t believe that it’s the first one.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Montreal finished 32nd and have 27 picks over the next three years, with 8 in the first two rounds

Flyers finished 29th and have 21 picks, with 5 in the first two rounds

Round 1: 4x
Round 2: 1x
Round 3: 4x
Round 4: 4x
Round 5: 2x
Round 6: 3x
Round 7: 3x

Montreal finished 32nd on merit, their injuries were Allen and Price (who has been injured almost every year), and Drouin.
Their best players 25 and under:
Suzuki (22)
Caufield (21)
Romanov (22)
Barron (20)

Dvorak (25)
Evans (25)
Rem Pitlick (24)
Poehling (23)
Pezzeeta (23)

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The list so far:
Jonny Lazarus
Henrik Lundqvist (for the trip)
Appleyard
Flyers Analytics team (if they exist)
Deslauriers (stole my roster spot)
Prospects that play on the 4th line
Fletcher (if I don't get a contract soon...)
EDIT: JoJoTheWhale

Also i could have scored if I wanted to
Pretty sure the list is missing "Facts".

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

You playing dumb again on purpose?

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

The thing is this team is directionless. They have no plan. They have no idea what they are doing.
One of 2 things needed to happen as I see it

1. You sign a JG and try to build around Couterier and others. Not the direction I would take.
2. Sell off everything and start from the bottom. Rebuild.

They did neither. He made moves that are head scratching when seeing they have no plan.

Scott sits back and allows this GM to do basically what the previous GM did. Sit on the fence with no plan and hope for the best.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Kadri turns 32 on October 6th, so he'll be 38 years and 8 months old when his contract expires in June 2029.

Huberdeau turns 30 on June 4th, so he'll be 38 when his contract expires in June, 2031.

Couturier turns 30 on December 7th, so he'll be 37 years and 6 months old when his contract expires in June, 2030.

Three guys their teams are counting on being good for most of their 30s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad