Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVI: 86 Proof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
$7m for ages 32 to 39, based off one year of fluke scoring on an elite offensive team? I'm sure Calgary won't regret that signing at all.

The thing is, Kadri has generally been pretty good in his career and even put up 50+ points while being a 3C in Toronto before getting traded. Also, watching the Avs this season, Kadri did a lot for himself to make a lot of offense and wasn't a complementary player on the line he was on, he was a play driver.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Very curious to see what Calgary had to pay to dump Monahan's $6.375M salary. He's only 28 with 1 year left, and plays center, so maybe they were able to get away with not giving up a 1st.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Man it must be nice to use cap space to get assets from other teams who are looking to dump players instead of being the one that's giving up assets to dump the players you deem unworthy.
The big problem us mgt identifying the wrong guys. They deem Ghost and Lindblom worthy of dumping while valuing Risto and Deslauriers.

I hate this team.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Weirdly thought Calgary might be where Kadri ended up. Battle of Alberta should be fun two years in a row for the first time in decades.

I also love that John Shannon looks like a clown in all this after basically guaranteeing that Kadri was going to the island. :laugh:

Kadri definitely deserves Calgary

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Just to be clear, Monahan has absolutely been worse than JVR over the last few seasons. He makes $600k less against the cap, his base salary is $2 mil higher.

A contender shed him for a probable 20-25 1st rounder. But the Flyers had to give up a potential top 5-10 pick for JVR? Checks out.

I guess that’s the difference between one team actually aggressively retooling, making lemonade out of a shit situation, and one team aggressively stabilizing, eating shit out of a shit situation.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Just to be clear, Monahan has absolutely been worse than JVR over the last few seasons. He makes $600k less against the cap, his base salary is $2 mil higher.

A contender shed him for a probable 20-25 1st rounder. But the Flyers had to give up a potential top 5-10 pick for JVR? Checks out.

I guess that’s the difference between one team actually aggressively retooling, making lemonade out of a shit situation, and one team aggressively stabilizing, eating shit out of a shit situation.
No, it's what happens when everyone thinks Fletcher HAS to get JG, so they try and hold him up.

Calgary could have stayed put, I think they're overpaying for Kadri, and overpaying to get rid of Monahan (who is probably a decent 3C though overpaid). Those two centers will be great to have for 2-3 years, then an anchor for the rest of the decade.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

A lot conditions there. Essentially it could be a 2024, 2025, or 2026 first rounder depending on conditions. The conditional first rounder Calgary has from Florida with the Tkachuk trade could potentially be in play if it transfers to Calgary too.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

A lot conditions there. Essentially it could be a 2024, 2025, or 2026 first rounder depending on conditions. The conditional first rounder Calgary has from Florida with the Tkachuk trade could potentially be in play if it transfers to Calgary too.

Those trade conditions. Wowzers.

winona-ryder-confused.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No, it's what happens when everyone thinks Fletcher HAS to get JG, so they try and hold him up.

Calgary could have stayed put, I think they're overpaying for Kadri, and overpaying to get rid of Monahan (who is probably a decent 3C though overpaid). Those two centers will be great to have for 2-3 years, then an anchor for the rest of the decade.

It's pretty obvious that Calgary felt they had to get Kadri. Shouldn't they have been victimized?

Oh right, they aren't being run by a dude who has spent his career establishing that he's a weak and easy mark

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
How do you go from a 30 goal scoring 80 point player to a 20 point player 2 seasons later in the prime of your athletic career? Age 26 and 27 seasons. I don't get it.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's pretty obvious that Calgary felt they had to get Kadri. Shouldn't they have been victimized?

Oh right, they aren't being run by a dude who has spent his career establishing that he's a weak and easy mark
No it wasn't since everyone thought Kadri was going to the Islanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad