Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVI: 86 Proof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Meh. Can needs to chill out.

Why? Vaccination standards for border crossing have been around for generations. If you wanted to enter Canada during a smallpox epidemic in the 19th century then you needed to have proof of immunity. Rocky needs to stop being a baby back bitch, he's the unreasonable party here.

We shouldn't be surprised that anyone who makes a spectacle of themselves and tries to fight a player is unreasonable I guess

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
PiQ.gif

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Why? Vaccination standards for border crossing have been around for generations. If you wanted to enter Canada during a smallpox epidemic in the 19th century then you needed to have proof of immunity. Rocky needs to stop being a baby back bitch, he's the unreasonable party here.

We shouldn't be surprised that anyone who makes a spectacle of themselves and tries to fight a player is unreasonable I guess

Lol I don’t give a rats ass enough to get as passionate about this. Bigger things than if a guy wants a jab or not. Have at ‘er

I’ll add for fun, because I can feel the glares lol - I had it couple weeks ago for the first time. Haven’t been that sick in ages, like someone beat my ass for 2 days. My ass was vaxxed young beef, fear not.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Lol I don’t give a rats ass enough to get as passionate about this. Bigger things than if a guy wants a jab or not. Have at ‘er

I’ll add for fun, because I can feel the glares lol - I had it couple weeks ago for the first time. Haven’t been that sick in ages, like someone beat my ass for 2 days. My ass was vaxxed young beef, fear not.

I'm just coming off COVID fully vaccinated and I'm stunned at how bad it's still been. To hell with this noise. I don't know how anyone dealt with it before.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Meh. Can needs to chill out.
What's ignored, is that the US has the same rules it's just that the Canadian players are vaxed.

Just like the NBA OR MLB, people squawk about certain guys who can't play in Canada. If a guy like McDavid was unvaxed, he couldn't play in the US.

I'm just coming off COVID fully vaccinated and I'm stunned at how bad it's still been. To hell with this noise. I don't know how anyone dealt with it before.
Agreed. After having it last week for the 1st time, I am very happy I was fully vaxed, and I still had worse fevers than ever before. It was no fun.

Now this cough can go away anytime it wants.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
What's ignored, is that the US has the same rules it's just that the Canadian players are vaxed.

Just like the NBA OR MLB, people squawk about certain guys who can't play in Canada. If a guy like McDavid was unvaxed, he couldn't play in the US.

Agreed. After having it last week for the 1st time, I am very happy I was fully vaxed, and I still had worse fevers than ever before. It was no fun.

Now this cough can go away anytime it wants.

I had Bertuzzi last year who had nice little PP heaters, was able to put him on injury list for Canada trips. He’s a solid/flexible fantasy pick up in a league with a lot of people.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It honestly wasn’t even really an issue last year. As the NHL had a really good vaccination rate amongst their players. It was surprisingly the best among the major sports leagues here in NA. You had a small group of players that weren’t vaccinated heading into past year & one of them in Blackwood ultimately got it a few months into the season.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It honestly wasn’t even really an issue last year. As the NHL had a really good vaccination rate amongst their players. It was surprisingly the best among the major sports leagues here in NA. You had a small group of players that weren’t vaccinated heading into past year & one of them in Blackwood ultimately got it a few months into the season.

There wasnt a single shot he could stop last season :sarcasm:

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Man I had it twice, second time was the worst, and it's weird, I had severe anxiety and panic attacks that came with mine, and ever since then I haven't been able to shake them, it was so bad, the sickness wasnt Terrible for me, but I really feel like it messed with my brain

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’ve had Covid twice, that I know of.

Not sure when I had it the first time. Only know because I tested positive for the antibodies last summer & I haven’t taken any shots.

Later, my work made me test 2x/wk because I’m “unvaccinated,” (nonsensical considering I could show I have the antibodies) & after about 5 months of that I tested positive in May. The positive tests lasted around 3 weeks, but I never would have suspected anything if I weren’t forced to test.

So maybe I’m lucky, maybe it’s because I’m in pretty good shape, maybe it’s because I haven’t tampered with my immune system, who knows, but thankfully I haven’t had any issues with Covid at all.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You're lucky. While it helps to be in good health, immune response is probably partially dependent on genetics.

The best reason to get vaccinated for most people (not in high risk groups) is to reduce the odds of long COVID.
And that goes double for professional athletes, where even mild long COVID could end your career (can't afford to be 90% as you age).

The cost-benefit equation is so weighted toward vaccination and boosters it takes a special kind of stupidity to deny obvious facts - but 20% of Americans believe Q is real - so at least south of the border, stupidity runs rampant.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Man I had it twice, second time was the worst, and it's weird, I had severe anxiety and panic attacks that came with mine, and ever since then I haven't been able to shake them, it was so bad, the sickness wasnt Terrible for me, but I really feel like it messed with my brain

I had my first panic attack in February when I herniated a disc in my back and ended up in the ER and it really does open the flood gates. The herniation caused other issues elsewhere in my body (leg, abdomen, pelvis) due to my sciatic nerve being pinched and those symptoms would cause anxiety attacks. Had to pull over my car a few times while driving home from work because of attacks. Had several sleepless nights due to my brain causing my heart to race..which then makes you think you're having a heart attack. It's no joke. Thankfully I haven't had any attacks the past 2 weeks and feel like I have a better grip on things. If you ever need to talk about them, feel free to PM me.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I had my first panic attack in February when I herniated a disc in my back and ended up in the ER and it really does open the flood gates. The herniation caused other issues elsewhere in my body (leg, abdomen, pelvis) due to my sciatic nerve being pinched and those symptoms would cause anxiety attacks. Had to pull over my car a few times while driving home from work because of attacks. Had several sleepless nights due to my brain causing my heart to race..which then makes you think you're having a heart attack. It's no joke. Thankfully I haven't had any attacks the past 2 weeks and feel like I have a better grip on things. If you ever need to talk about them, feel free to PM me.
That's some crazy shit! Glad you've been doing better the last couple of weeks. Hopefully that continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad