Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVI: 86 Proof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Raffl's NHL career is over. His SO goal against Bryz was almost nine years ago.

Carved out a hell of a career for a random undrafted Austrian. (I'm pretty sure he was undrafted, to lazy to look it up, curufinwe me if I am incorrect haha.)

id rather have raffl than any of our current 4th liners. Can't believe we never got to see raffl-laughton-nak as the 4th line. Our 4th line has been a joke since couts, read, talbot, wellwood were there.
Was Wellwood the speedster that blew out his Achilles and had to quit hockey?

It's kind of nuts how lost in the shuffle of prospects ruined by injuries that situation is.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
lVoD77r.png

chernobyl-not-great-not-terrible.gif

Elite LWs don't grow on trees, you know.

Lol. That GIF is from HBO’s Chernobyl isn’t it?

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
That 10.5 cap hit is gonna be hysterical as Huby hits his mid 30s. This contract reeks of Cuckness
Slow playmaker with 5 career playoff goals. He's gonna get nothing but hate. It's gonna take some time, but it's gonna come sooner than later. Just look how quick they turned from their elite 2 way C narrative to blame Monahan for everything wrong with the team.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Carved out a hell of a career for a random undrafted Austrian. (I'm pretty sure he was undrafted, to lazy to look it up, curufinwe me if I am incorrect haha.)

It's kind of nuts how lost in the shuffle of prospects ruined by injuries that situation is.
Worse than that, we signed him out of Allsvenskan, not even the SHL.
It's like signing some 25 year old forward out of the ECHL and sticking him in the lineup.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Slow playmaker with 5 career playoff goals. He's gonna get nothing but hate. It's gonna take some time, but it's gonna come sooner than later. Just look how quick they turned from their elite 2 way C narrative to blame Monahan for everything wrong with the team.

I would certainly not call him slow.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
id rather have raffl than any of our current 4th liners. Can't believe we never got to see raffl-laughton-nak as the 4th line. Our 4th line has been a joke since couts, read, talbot, wellwood were there.
In 19-20 Raffl mainly played with Pitlick and NAK on a good 4th line.

Laughton mostly played as a winger on the 2nd line with Hayes, or as the 3C.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Worse than that, we signed him out of Allsvenskan, not even the SHL.
It's like signing some 25 year old forward out of the ECHL and sticking him in the lineup.

I missed the part where that ECHL guy immediately became a consistent 20+ point per 82 game player, who was also good defensively and on the PK.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Like Hodgson? (yes I know he was in AHL before his contract)
Yeah, I wouldn't write Hodgson off, he has a scoring touch, 0.57 ppg at ES (anything over 0.5 is solid in the AHL) plays a physical game, skating isn't exciting, but that never stopped Maroon.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I missed the part where that ECHL guy immediately became a consistent 20+ point per 82 game player, who was also good defensively and on the PK.
That's what's so fluky, you'd think he'd have landed a spot on a SHL team off his Austrian play.
He did get promoted for the SHL playoffs, and in his second SHL playoff put up 10g 3-3 6 +7.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

ya he was pretty damn fast. Shame his injury happened, he would've been nice on that 4th line

In 19-20 Raffl mainly played with Pitlick and NAK on a good 4th line.

Laughton mostly played as a winger on the 2nd line with Hayes, or as the 3C.
i know but I always wanted that as the 4th line. Laughton, by all accounts, should've always been in the bottom 6 but they always juggled things around

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
ya he was pretty damn fast. Shame his injury happened, he would've been nice on that 4th line

i know but I always wanted that as the 4th line. Laughton, by all accounts, should've always been in the bottom 6 but they always juggled things around
Given the roster they had with no Patrick there was no way Laughton was gonna be on the 4th line. Too good for that.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Wellwood might be the fastest player I ever saw in a Flyers uniform, but he wasn't NHL caliber.

I call Max Willman Wellwood-lite. Similar players, though Wellwood was faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad