Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVI: 86 Proof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The Flyers need offensive bite. The disaster of a PP shows that (not to mention the player stat leaders).

DeAngelo will provide offensive bite, not to mention fill a hole at 1st-pair RD. Hopefully the addition of York will help spark some offense, too. As well as having a healthy Couturier and Hayes.

And then, really, you need Frost and/or Tippett to step up.

Reactions: ellja3

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
The Flyers need offensive bite. The disaster of a PP shows that (not to mention the player stat leaders).

DeAngelo will provide offensive bite, not to mention fill a hole at 1st-pair RD. Hopefully the addition of York will help spark some offense, too. As well as having a healthy Couturier and Hayes.

And then, really, you need Frost and/or Tippett to step up.

Fair enough.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Fair, but my question remains - did the PHI medical staff not realize the seriousness of his injury, or did they know it's a huge dice roll from the get go?
What injury? No evidence to support there was an issue prior. Sometimes players get hurt shortly after acquired. It happens

Reactions: Curufinwe

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I am pretty skeptical that Ellis suffered a purely acute injury given that there remains a shroud of mystery over the nature of injury, his expected return, and what has been done to resolve it. If he pulled, broke, or tore something in the absence of something chronic, the medical interventions are generally straightforward. I would take a guess that he has had something chronic/degenerative for awhile that he compensated for (actively or unknowingly) and that an acute injury made the underlying chronic injury worse and revealed that it was there. But I'm no dentist; I can just spell long medical words.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I am pretty skeptical that Ellis suffered a purely acute injury given that there remains a shroud of mystery over the nature of injury, his expected return, and what has been done to resolve it. If he pulled, broke, or tore something in the absence of something chronic, the medical interventions are generally straightforward. I would take a guess that he has had something chronic/degenerative for awhile that he compensated for (actively or unknowingly) and that an acute injury made the underlying chronic injury worse and revealed that it was there. But I'm no dentist; I can just spell long medical words.
Yeah, I don't think the core of his problems are an acute injury. Maybe he suffered an injury that made an existing problem worse or untenable.

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If he had a degenerative hip injury, it should have been in his medical records from Nashville, in which case they hid them and there will be hell to pay at some point. B/c it's extremely unlikely it just became serious in September 2021 while showing no signs before that point - and if he had symptoms in Nashville, the team doctors would have almost certainly ordered x-rays, MRI , etc., which should be in his medical records.

Which is why I'm skeptical.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Just another example of Joe Sakic being lucky and Fletcher being sabotaged.

One has Cale Makar’s contract and the other has Rasmus Ristolainen which was offered at gun point by Paul Holmgren.

Sakic was lucky that Hextall was running that draft, or Flyers might have Makar and Colorado Patrick.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Just another example of Joe Sakic being lucky and Fletcher being sabotaged.

One has Cale Makar’s contract and the other has Rasmus Ristolainen which was offered at gun point by Paul Holmgren.

If you look at Toronto who follows that model they change out the middle & bottom of their roster a lot every other year or so. But they’re also pretty invested into analytics that helps identify potential players to fill those roles whether they be from the NHL or overseas.

I think for a lot other teams they don’t have the willingness to do that because it’s more work & it’s harder to do when you more so just going by the eye. So they like signing these mid & low tier guys to longer/bigger term deals because in their mind it puts that one spot in the lineup in pen & not pencil for a while.

Mind you a lot of these former executives & coaches were scrub players themselves too so there also might be bias in taking care of their own so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad