Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If Giroux goes to Ottawa, and they find like 2 defenseman, they could be fixin’ for the playoffs.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I was actually not as much of a fan of the twins' work before I started listening to this. I used it, but I had some questions here and there. Now that I hear them explain things out loud, every other explanation is, "This is (Dave Cameron/Voros McCracken/Fangraphs Writer X's) idea modified to fit hockey." I'm good with that.
I started listening to this podcast after they had Charlie on it. It’s a fun listen for the most part

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Chuck Fletcher with all remaining Flyers assets to clear cap:

093004cf8e4985ccd9c4afb31195b6a4.gif

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I am very interested in the return here. So many of the vet D names kicked around could either be perfectly reasonable or horrendous depending on how the contracts impacted trade value. Or didn't.

Between his 15 team NTC and cap hit and term, I can’t imagine it’s a big market, right? I’m not confident betting on Petry at age 34, but I haven’t invested enough time to care and it depends on how you weight his recent year. There’s definitely cost dependent upside. I think there’s a high likelihood the picks the Flyers gave up are involved, which would be hilarious. Doubly so since Petry blocked the Flyers from trading for him.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Fascinated to see what happens to Tkachuk, in need of a contract. You have to wonder if him signing long term was contingent on Gaudreau.

NJ is one mid-range contract away from fitting both and they have the spare assets. :)

It wouldn’t have to be huge either. Tatar with one year left at 4.5 would be enough iirc.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
NJ is one mid-range contract away from fitting both and they have the spare assets. :)

It wouldn’t have to be huge either. Tatar with one year left at 4.5 would be enough iirc.

Mother of god. :laugh:

I forgot that accumulating assets and cap space is a weapon. What a fit he’d be for that team. I can’t even imagine what his RFA rights would cost. Short of their untouchables, everything should be on the table. Holtz, Nemec, picks. If they want to get it done, they have the stuff. Did you factor in Bratt’s contract? I group him with the untouchables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad