Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Chicago can get Bedard, won’t matter The tear down they have started ensures they become the next Sabres or Coyotes. An irrelevant franchise for at least a decade
awkward-whatcha-talkn-bout-willis.gif

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I'm listening to the Evolving Hockey podcast. In support of the Nichushkin contract, they were talking about how this should help people realize teams are not just going by Points or Hits anymore. Here's a cleaned up quote for you all to enjoy:

Colorado is one of the smartest teams in the league. They just won a Cup. They've been kind of the model for how you build a team. They had some good draft stuff and they tanked or had an absurdly bad year one year and they got Cale Makar at 4th, so obviously some things broke their way. But they're the ones that just committed [this contract] to Nichushkin, so do you not value [unintelligible] that way? This is the Colorado Avalanche signing that, it's not like, you know, the Flyers signing that.

Yep, that floats. That's where they are. :laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'm listening to the Evolving Hockey podcast. In support of the Nichushkin contract, they were talking about how this should help people realize teams are not just going by Points or Hits anymore. Here's a cleaned up quote for you all to enjoy:

I was just listening to one podcast (they are all running together but I wanna say it was either Meltzer or ASF) and they were still going off of the 10 points = $1 million model. :laugh:

Speaking of which, I guess he misses chunks of time but Edler signing for 750k plus bonuses looks like a steal. He might just be a west coast guy now, but I wanted him last year.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I was just listening to one podcast (they are all running together but I wanna say it was either Meltzer or ASF) and they were still going off of the 10 points = $1 million model. :laugh:

Speaking of which, I guess he misses chunks of time but Edler signing for 750k plus bonuses looks like a steal. He might just be a west coast guy now, but I wanted him last year.

I was actually not as much of a fan of the twins' work before I started listening to this. I used it, but I had some questions here and there. Now that I hear them explain things out loud, every other explanation is, "This is (Dave Cameron/Voros McCracken/Fangraphs Writer X's) idea modified to fit hockey." I'm good with that.

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019

"teams are not just going by Points or Hits anymore"

The Flyers are ahead of the game because they haven't been paying for point nor hits for a while.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad