Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010

The Blackhawks are going full Major League at this point.

9d5b94b5-50a1-4e17-aeaa-b1db3ce338b3_text.gif

They will be back in the cup finals before the Flyers.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I need to know the process here because this seems planned. Did he start the dinner normally and clink a glass like he was going to make a pleasant toast? Did he bring in Cole's wife so the two of them could unfurl a banner of their texts from the ceiling of the restaurant?
I don't know, and I don't really care to look into it any further. It's none of my f***ing business.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I need to know the process here because this seems planned. Did he start the dinner normally and clink a glass like he was going to make a pleasant toast? Did he bring in Cole's wife so the two of them could unfurl a banner of their texts from the ceiling of the restaurant?
This is why I'm laughing Jojo. Obviously this alleged tomfoolery is not to be condoned, and I really feel for this poor fella, but the audacity of the 2 antagonists here is something to only laugh at. And then there's this poor bastard who called this all off the night before in presumably Hollywood fashion. Unbelievable chaos.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I didn’t know how to navigate this one. The girls name is Abby Labar, she works for the Canes broadcast. She was set to get married in recent months. Here’s her now ex-fiancé confirming the rumors in a tweet.

Cole’s married with kids himself.

Can't possibly imagine why she's f***in around with a hockey player :laugh:

The Blackhawks are going full Major League at this point.

9d5b94b5-50a1-4e17-aeaa-b1db3ce338b3_text.gif

Smart enough to #GoHardForBedard

It's fine though, we'll build our way..everything is...fine

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Did you somehow miss the part where NAK was a useful player on the best team in the league after Fletcher gave him away for free?

Now Colorado are close to the cap and can't afford his QO which is a sizeable $1,225,000. Wherever NAK ends up next you can be sure he'll perform better than AHL players like MacEwen and should be retired vets like Thompson.
I doubt it. He wasn’t that useful in Colorado just got the bump from being surrounded by better players. He’s a 4th line, extra player plug. They are a dime a dozen. Not any different than what we replaced him with.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Since every year is UFA, 11.5 doesn't seem crazy to me. That puts him between Tavares and Panarin. The former was signed in 2018.

It's pretty damn high risk, don't get me wrong. You're paying him off of a career year after some down ones and all of that. But it's not out of line with priors at all.
Except his alternative is a 7 yr deal (and probably no deal after that), so $80M guaranteed v 7x???.
He has to get $12M to make it worthwhile to leave.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I doubt it. He wasn’t that useful in Colorado just got the bump from being surrounded by better players. He’s a 4th line, extra player plug. They are a dime a dozen. Not any different than what we replaced him with.

Thompson had the 3rd worst ES GF% in the league for forwards with at least 300 minutes played.

If 4th liners are dime a dozen, how did the Flyers end up with this washed up loser playing every game he was healthy for?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Today's moves by Hawks are good

Borgstrom was terrible hockey player and waste of roster spot in Chicago or Rockford. Hawks save $ buying him out

Connolly buyout was expected

Toews is at Hawks training facility today meeting and watching prospects. It's crazy to think how time flies he is now the oldest player in Hawks organization

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
As far as NAK, you do realize that Colorado signed 35 year old Cogliano to a 1yr/$1.25M deal while letting NAK walk.

He may be better than MacEwen, but he's still a marginal 12th/13th forward.

I'll take my chances with Laczynski, Allison, Foerster and Wisdom, and maybe even Hodgson, over either of them.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
As far as NAK, you do realize that Colorado signed 35 year old Cogliano to a 1yr/$1.25M deal while letting NAK walk.

He may be better than MacEwen, but he's still a marginal 12th/13th forward.

I'll take my chances with Laczynski, Allison, Foerster and Wisdom, and maybe even Hodgson, over either of them.
You'd apparantly take your chances with the worse player in MacEwen too.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Today's moves by Hawks are good

Borgstrom was terrible hockey player and waste of roster spot in Chicago or Rockford. Hawks save $ buying him out

Connolly buyout was expected

Toews is at Hawks training facility today meeting and watching prospects. It's crazy to think how time flies he is now the oldest player in Hawks organization

Davidson seems to understand what needs to be done there. They'll be competing again well before the Flyers.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Except his alternative is a 7 yr deal (and probably no deal after that), so $80M guaranteed v 7x???.
He has to get $12M to make it worthwhile to leave.

If we're going to do a pay equivalency, you've also got to factor in taxes and I just don't have the knowledge to have that conversation. I know all of Canada is high on income taxes, but I don't know the exact differences between them and PA or NJ or FL. Or how the City Wage Tax applies to players.

I'm assuming he's got competent financial advisors here, but I don't think that's unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad