Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don’t know if I can post it because I don’t think there will be a credible source so it probably falls into personal rumors but Ian Cole is trending on Twitter. Ya’ll should check that out.
oof-old-man.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's amazing to me how many "insiders" don't know Calgary is the only team that can give him an 8 year contract. ASF thinks the Flyers can trade for his rights to offer an 8th year. :facepalm:

The Calgary forum on here is pretty nonexistent. I guess they have another forum on a different site where their fans go.

But I guess their insiders on there are saying the Flames have a $10x8 deal on the table. Gaudreau’s camp is asking for $11.5x8.

Was Cole bad for Carolina?

He’s been a guy that generally puts up decent/good defensive impacts. He may have been on the outs in Carolina regardless but this situation might have sealed the deal.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
The Calgary forum on here is pretty nonexistent. I guess they have another forum on a different site where their fans go.

But I guess their insiders on there are saying the Flames have a $10x8 deal on the table. Gaudreau’s camp is asking for $11.5x8.

Since every year is UFA, 11.5 doesn't seem crazy to me. That puts him between Tavares and Panarin. The former was signed in 2018.

It's pretty damn high risk, don't get me wrong. You're paying him off of a career year after some down ones and all of that. But it's not out of line with priors at all.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Since every year is UFA, 11.5 doesn't seem crazy to me. That puts him between Tavares and Panarin. The former was signed in 2018.

It's pretty damn high risk, don't get me wrong. You're paying him off of a career year after some down ones and all of that. But it's not out of line with priors at all.

Yeah ASF said apparently his wife is from this area too & not out there in Western Canada. They just had a baby. So there is legit interest on his end to leave to come back to the east coast even if it’s not to the Flyers.

That’s one of the pro factors for leaving Calgary being weighed by them.

I read from Flames fans that Brian Burke drove a pretty hard negotiation his last contract & that was a turnoff. Gaudreau & his family felt he took noticeably less than what he was worth. So I guess there is a mindset that they took one for the team last time & now it’s time for you to take one.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Oh, I see the Cole situation now. :laugh:

He has no shot of doing that in Philly, so maybe he'll take a discount to come here. Then we'll have taken Carolina's #4 and #5.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
So no qualifying offer for Aube-Kubel, Kalyniuk and McLennon not re-drafted.

But we give assets away for free, I’m told

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
@JojoTheWhale

This is going to be the death of me.

Tossing the Girard in there is hilarious. Is it weird that there's only one Away option? I need you to promise me you won't buy a Jack Johnson gamer if everything else goes crazy. Cope with anything else you want.

Why is the circle Finals mat the best thing in the whole auction? It's a mat. That shouldn't be possible, yet here we are. I need to see if there are UNC or UGA ones floating around or something.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So no qualifying offer for Aube-Kubel, Kalyniuk and McLennon not re-drafted.

But we give assets away for free, I’m told
Did you somehow miss the part where NAK was a useful player on the best team in the league after Fletcher gave him away for free?

Now Colorado are close to the cap and can't afford his QO which is a sizeable $1,225,000. Wherever NAK ends up next you can be sure he'll perform better than AHL players like MacEwen and should be retired vets like Thompson.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

He’s been in Boston for the last week. So context clues are certainly there.

So if he comes back along with Bergeron who’s already back. I don’t know how good they’ll be but obviously they’re not committing to reset year with all those key injuries.

They’re in a better cap situation than the Flyers albeit it’s not great either pretty much like most of the league. I do wonder if they try to throw their hat into the Gaudreau sweepstakes if he hits UFA?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Tossing the Girard in there is hilarious. Is it weird that there's only one Away option? I need you to promise me you won't buy a Jack Johnson gamer if everything else goes crazy. Cope with anything else you want.

Why is the circle Finals mat the best thing in the whole auction? It's a mat. That shouldn't be possible, yet here we are. I need to see if there are UNC or UGA ones floating around or something.
The players kept their away jerseys for themselves. it's just that MacKinnon wears three different jerseys per game. I know that Phil Pritchard posted a photo of a white MacKinnon that he got for the HHoF so guess they decided to toss the unspoken for one in this auction.

I can promise you that I won't even bid on a Jack Johnson gamer. I have my eye on a couple players that will hopefully be in the middle area but seeing where the prices are just 29 minutes in I have my doubts.

NHL Auctions auctioned off this mat the other week, I didn't see the final price. I just know that it started at $4K (lol).
1657553359233.png

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Did you somehow miss the part where NAK was a useful player on the best team in the league after Fletcher gave him away for free?

Now Colorado are close to the cap and can't afford his QO which is a sizeable $1,225,000. Wherever NAK ends up next you can be sure he'll perform better than AHL players like MacEwen and should be retired vets like Thompson.

Not to mention we’ve seen some other decent/good players not get QO’s. When you’re talking depth players in the league right now a lot of these teams can’t afford to give raises in this cap climate. So they can’t extend these QO’s cause some of these players would absolutely accept them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad