Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Greg Wyshynski RT’d this so I guess this is good. I like waiting for insiders though

edit: well we got one

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I’d much rather have JG than FF. His injury history is a bit concerning and goal scorers tend to drop off faster than playmakers.

But I don’t think Nashville should have left him walk. It just sucks for them he had a career year as a UFA. Only Two years ago TK out scored him.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So the Oilers are switching back to the typical royal blue or whatever home jerseys and the Golden Knights are switching to their gold jerseys?

The world continues to be perfectly balanced.

Yet the idiots running the Flyers still can't figure out that the fans are sick of the neon orange set and want the 90's set back. These things are really hard for smoothbrains like Val Camillo and whoever else is on the business side.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Edmonton needs to bring back the golds.
Bring back the Macfarlane.

1657389734245.jpeg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I liked all of the talk after the season that JVR had some kind of actual trade value. LOL. He had & has none. Just like even an expansion team didn’t want him for free.

He’s a horrific, albatross contract. No one wants him even in his last year. And the Flyers will have to pay dearly to rid themselves of it.

Negative value. And hurting the Flyers.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I liked all of the talk after the season that JVR had some kind of actual trade value. LOL. He had & has none. Just like even an expansion team didn’t want him for free.

He’s a horrific, albatross contract. No one wants him even in his last year. And the Flyers will have to pay dearly to rid themselves of it.

I’m pretty sure that was just deadhead saying that with regards to this off-season.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

Or, you know you could just keep him and let the contract play out instead of giving up prime assets to move him?

He's not hurting the Flyers. Ghost wasn't hurting the Flyers either. Neither was Jake. The FO is hurting the Flyers, with their rotten organizational philosophy that's led us to being strapped for cap space, lacking draft picks and prospects, with underperforming veterans, all while being one of the worst teams in the league with no coherent plan for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad