Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If they are going full re... build, then I guess you gotta take the best offer that gets made before the draft.

Philly apparently wouldn't move #5+, and NJ wouldn't move #2.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
1st+2nd+2nd+7th+Ghost+Hagg
=
Ristolainen

1st+2nd+3rd
=
DeBrincat

and that is how not to manage assets in a cap world people.
QxQl1zi.gif

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Debrincat also is not a pending UFA (close with his bridge deal expiring) so if they can't extend him, they can trade him next summer or at the deadline.

I will never forget just softly saying "but he's a rental" out loud about a dozen times in a row. That well and truly broke my brain. I thought there was more coming because it just couldn't be the case.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I will never forget just softly saying "but he's a rental" out loud about a dozen times in a row. That well and truly broke my brain. I thought there was more coming because it just couldn't be the case.
I’ll never forget the time that you dropped the knowledge on us after making some deductions that the Flyers were the ones giving up the 2nd with Ghost instead of receiving one.

That was a good time.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Davidson is a joke

There is no defending this trade
You have no f***ing idea how much worse it could be.

EDIT: Complaining about trading a guy who is due a massive contract during a stretch where your team isn’t going to be competitive, for a top 10 pick and the ability to tank for a generation prospect? Our f***ing moron GM just gave up a similar package for a defenseman who can’t even tie his own f***ing skates and then gave him a 5x5.

I’m almost speechless

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm glad they didn't get DeBrincat, he'd be a perfect fit in Toronto, however.
High priced scorers who can't get out of the 1st rd, of course, for him that would be a huge leap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad