Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

Holy hell, Bill. This is a masterpiece.

They've been around for 21 seasons. He was the GM for 9 of them. Toss out a few for being an expansion team that had no prayer and that's pretty much half of their entire history.

Not to mention that their best seasons by Points% were the last two by a good margin, long after he was gone. He just picked the two playoff series wins. There was also a pre-Fletcher Lemaire year with a Points% sandwiched between the two good Fletcher years.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Holy hell, Bill. This is a masterpiece.

They've been around for 21 seasons. He was the GM for 9 of them. Toss out a few for being an expansion team that had no prayer and that's pretty much half of their entire history.

Not to mention that their best seasons by Points% were the last two by a good margin, long after he was gone. He just picked the two playoff series wins. There was also a pre-Fletcher Lemaire year with a Points% sandwiched between the two good Fletcher years.

Meltzer’s replies are a gold mine. :laugh:

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Id like to say that if the Flyers paid me handsomely I'd defend their every move too, but I'd honestly rather find a new line of work than try to polish this turd.

He’s always been this way, got emotional on my ass years ago when I posted a photo of a burning bicycle when speaking about Holmgren.

He will defend those alumni to his last breath as Leonidas at Thermopylae - as they got him where he is today. He’s openly kissed their ass for many winters.

It’s whatevs at the end of the day, but if you’re going to defend it. At least add some humor or something.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Personality of a god damn turnip. There are men you’d be ok having a beer with. I’d guarantee I’d be bored out of my skull next to him. One of those “well actually” guys
He tries to appease everyone these days. Well the Flyers pay his bills so I get it. Def a nerd I agree. Probably has a hot wife to boot.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA

God help me if Chychrun goes for a similar return to Ristolainen.

QxQl1zi.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It sucks because Jones isn’t totally useless like Ristolainen. But the perception on him & his contract is that of a top defensemen in the league. He’s far from that. He’s honestly probably closer to a mid pairing guy than that.

He bounced back this year after a horrid year last year to put up decent results but again it’s just not nearly worth the investment on & off the ice.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The NHL calendar year hasn’t flipped yet. So Jones is still technically on the last year of his current contract which he only has a 10 team NTC. When the calendar year officially flips to next year his extension kicks in which has a full NMC all 8 years.

So yeah this is probably Chicago’s only window of real hope of ever ditching that contract.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
The NHL calendar year hasn’t flipped yet. So Jones is still technically on the last year of his current contract which he only has a 10 team NTC. When the calendar year officially flips to next year his extension kicks in which has a full NMC all 8 years.

So yeah this is probably Chicago’s only window of real hope of ever ditching that contract.

It's flyers-esque to need to ditch a contract before it even begins

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
He tries to appease everyone these days. Well the Flyers pay his bills so I get it. Def a nerd I agree. Probably has a hot wife to boot.
Yes, she is very beautiful and his daughter is adorable. He’s a very smart, very interesting guy in a tough role and he does well with it. Turned his passion for the Flyers into a career. How much better does it get? He’s been my friend for years (mid-1990s) and I’m glad of it. Helps run the Alumni Association too, which is his fun gig.

Reactions: Bob Clarke Fan Club

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
It sucks because Jones isn’t totally useless like Ristolainen. But the perception on him & his contract is that of a top defensemen in the league. He’s far from that. He’s honestly probably closer to a mid pairing guy than that.

He bounced back this year after a horrid year last year to put up decent results but again it’s just not nearly worth the investment on & off the ice.

Don't want that contract at all - but Seth Jones was great at the WC's this year. Dude was a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad