Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
NHL is a messed up league and Toronto always seem to be the beneficiary getting out of cap issues.... How the f*** does Chicago trade a 2nd for Mrazek and a 1st while the Flyers give up an arm and a leg to get rid of Ghost who's contract was similar to Mrazek (I'd say way better).....Chicago kid GM is a moron but how come our GM is always the moron in a trade......

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
NHL is a messed up league and Toronto always seem to be the beneficiary getting out of cap issues.... How the f*** does Chicago trade a 2nd for Mrazek and a 1st while the Flyers give up an arm and a leg to get rid of Ghost who's contract was similar to Mrazek (I'd say way better).....Chicago kid GM is a moron but how come our GM is always the moron in a trade......

Because Chuck Fletcher doesn't know what he's doing

He has no idea how to extract value and read a room

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
cause that goalie is perfect for the tank

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
At least that GM has the sense to blow up a team when they know it is over.
Bingo. They are executing their plan. They will now be in the mix next season for a top pick who has franchise potential. Cant argue with what they are setting out to do.

Now look for Seth Jones to be in philly!!!!!!

The return on ADB was low

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Chicago must have wanted Mrazek.

Arizona got a 2nd and a 3rd and jumped three spots last night to take two years of Kassian at $3.2m.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
My favorite moment of the draft finally seeing LeCavalier finally with Montreal.

al2.png

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hell yes - missing out on Johnny only accelerates the departure of the biggest f***ing moron to ever work for the Flyers ..and possibly any team in Philadelphia..or any business for that matter.
I think they focus on Forsberg after that.

• Wow

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think they focus on Forsberg after that.

He's not picking the Flyers over Detroit or many, many other teams that will be interested. Especially after bringing in Tort and DeAngelo...known assholes around the league.

Imagine wanting to go big-game hunting but then hiring Torts and trading for DeAngelo?

It's honestly UNIMAGINABLE how any people can be this f***in thick.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hell yes - missing out on Johnny only accelerates the departure of the biggest f***ing moron to ever work for the Flyers ..and possibly any team in Philadelphia..or any business for that matter.

Gaudreau could actually give them a chance to make the playoffs singlehandedly, with a toxic amount of fart sniffing by management, so that's good. They'll still trade JVR with an asset because Fletcher is sickeningly desperate, so that's good. That cap space will be used on something shitty that will hurt them for years, so that's good.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's not picking the Flyers over Detroit or many, many other teams that will be interested. Especially after bringing in Tort and DeAngelo...known assholes around the league.

Imagine wanting to go big-game hunting but then hiring Torts and trading for DeAngelo?

It's honestly UNIMAGINABLE how any people can be this f***in thick.
Doesn't mean they're not going to try. Fletcher's job is almost certainly at stake here. Remember when Friedman said that the Flyers want shiny toys to show off next year (after the Dave Scott press conference disaster). That's exactly what they're doing.

• Wow
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

If the NHL wanted to do more of this, I wouldn't complain. At least it's fun.

Guerin just dropping middle fingers to Talbot’s agent😂

I’m dying to know what Fletcher’s plan is if Gaudreau’s not available
If they are looking to make a splash I rather it be Forsberg. Most likely less money then JG

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad