Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXV: Halfway to Christmas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Letting Malkin walk would make no sense after re-signing Letang for 6 years. They need both if they want to keep contending.

Or maybe they sign Kadri instead. He would fit the Penguins perfectly.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

I get the track record isn’t strong prior to this year & he had arbitration rights but I don’t know I would have re-signed if I was Anaheim. See if he can match it in another year or so & you might a trade asset.

ONLY BAD PLAYERS DONT GET QUALIFIED YOU STAT NERD

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

I get the track record isn’t strong prior to this year & he had arbitration rights but I don’t know I would have re-signed if I was Anaheim. See if he can match it in another year or so & you might a trade asset.

Trying to remember. If a team signs him to a 1-year deal, he's back to being an RFA when it expires since he won't be 27, right?

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
He’ll be a UFA at 27 next summer. This was his last summer of being an RFA at 26.
I can't read.

So it would be good management for the Flyers to sign him for 1 year, try to have him have a season that replicates this past one, and trade him at the deadline.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Campbell gave them pretty stellar goaltending last season, hard to view Murray as anything other than a downgrade in net.

Campbell was pretty good the first half of the year but fell off in the second half & playoffs. He’s probably going to get too much than he’s worth from a team like Edmonton.

Murray’s just highly inconsistent but there is still some talent there. He was decent last year albeit in split goalie workload on a bad team. His goals saved above expected was over 3+.

I’d imagine they get another goalie too to go with more of split situation.

I can't read.

So it would be good management for the Flyers to sign him for 1 year, try to have him have a season that replicates this past one, and trade him at the deadline.

In theory yes. If he signed a one year deal this summer he’d be a pending UFA for next summer.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
We live in a world where Matt Murray, a goalie with 2 contract years and injury issues, only needs a 3rd and 7th dump. But JVR with 1 year, at a similar price would necessitate a 1st rounder?

da6b3c9aee0ee69881d91ccad9d7affba9b6fc51.gifv

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
We live in a world where Matt Murray, a goalie with 2 contract years and injury issues, only needs a 3rd and 7th dump. But JVR with 1 year, at a similar price would necessitate a 1st rounder?

da6b3c9aee0ee69881d91ccad9d7affba9b6fc51.gifv
Lol...I was just thinking that

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Letting Malkin walk would make no sense after re-signing Letang for 6 years. They need both if they want to keep contending.

Or maybe they sign Kadri instead. He would fit the Penguins perfectly.
Or Giroux ...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Leafs better have a really good backup goalie. He might not be the backup for long. Wonder if that's a place Samsonov might land.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I love the authentic idea a page ago that suggests that notoriously losing small assets is okay because they are not big assets - and that people who point those losses out are a problem instead. Small things never add up.

(Don't tell the Flyers cap situation)
death by a thousand small cuts is a nothing burger....

i mean u didnt die or anything... oh wait.....

NAK jersey here I come. And I'm wearing it to ANY future Flyers game I go to.
as you should... the guy could retire tomorow..

hes already done more in his career then ANY Flyer will do in the forseeable future....

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Just want to say I love that Hextall is playing hardball with Malkin

I think he'll probably sign back with Pitt, but Hextall is right to let Malkin walk if he won't sign for 4 years, 6 Mill AAV

Don’t get how he gives Letang that horrid deal but let’s Shrek walk ? Hard ball with both was the right call.

Hope Malkin signs with Canes and they pump the Pens.

Reactions: BiggE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad