NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIX: Processing a Tremendous Amount of Insane Information

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Im trying to piece this together...but am I seeing this right that one of these bogus fringe Flyers "writers" is behind this? He say an article about an accident and made assumptions?

We mock these people for theyre reporting but this is truely disgusting.
Kind of. He didn't originally report it. There was a post on Reddit 3 hours before that in a Phillies gdt before the tweet was made

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Im trying to piece this together...but am I seeing this right that one of these bogus fringe Flyers "writers" is behind this? He say an article about an accident and made assumptions?

You can find the notepad on Twitter. It has correct area codes, DOBs, and addresses. It would be pretty f***ed to fake that.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
The screenshot mostly being passed around is a cropped version that cuts out important context…

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Kind of. He didn't originally report it. There was a post on Reddit 3 hours before that in a Phillies gdt before the tweet was made
Gotcha.
You can find the notepad on Twitter. It has correct area codes, DOBs, and addresses. It would be pretty f***ed to fake that.
Its even more disgusting if he didnt make it up. This is not breaking a trade...you wait for the authorities to report it.

For now lets just hope its not true...

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Apparently both he and his brother. They were in town for his sister's wedding tomorrow.

Prayers out to Guy, his wife and the rest of the family. Absolutely f***ing horrifying

Reactions: CutOnDime97

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Unfortunately, Peel posting counts as an official source.

Since we have been circumspect, might as well make it clear for anyone playing catchup here:

The news "confirmed" by Peel is that Gaudreau passed away in a bike accident in NJ.

With any luck Peel is as accurate as Eklund.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Devonator and BiggE

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
some of this is just weird..and i hope it isn't true but..if he is in town for a wedding..is he really riding a bike in the dark the night before? that seems off to me but I guess it could happen

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
some of this is just weird..and i hope it isn't true but..if he is in town for a wedding..is he really riding a bike in the dark the night before? that seems off to me but I guess it could happen
As a person who has spent many a summer on the Jersey shore? This isn’t particularly a rare occurrence

There’s enough smoke here that I’m really concerned but enough circumstantial sophistry that I’m hopefully optimistic

Portal

Jul 2, 2023
I got confirmation it’s true. I played high school hockey with him and also have a friend who’s connected to Jeff Marek. I’m gutted. Matthew Gaudreau was also one of the nicest people I’ve ever met/played with. Stunned and hurting

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I still haven’t seen anything I’d consider to be an official confirmation. I’m gonna pray that he’s ok until I do.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

He's gonna lose his "job" over it seemingly.

Edit: Yep, he got the boot.

Last edited:

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Absolutely horrific news. Devastated for the entire Gaudreau family, the hockey world, and that entire community.

Second? There isn't enough f***s in the world that I'd like to offer the driver. The driver in front of you slows down so you speed up and pass on the f***ING SHOULDER? Below the jail. I hope the food in prison is worse than I can imagine.

Also, Medical Examiner? f*** you. Dylan, I know you're young and trying to do your job. I also know we have a lot of mutual friends. f*** you. Members of the wedding party actually found out because of your tweet.

Death happens. Way of the world, unfortunately. But like this? I'm filled with so much rage

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Absolutely horrific news. Devastated for the entire Gaudreau family, the hockey world, and that entire community.

Second? There isn't enough f***s in the world that I'd like to offer the driver. The driver in front of you slows down so you speed up and pass on the f***ING SHOULDER? Below the jail. I hope the food in prison is worse than I can imagine.

Also, Medical Examiner? f*** you. Dylan, I know you're young and trying to do your job. I also know we have a lot of mutual friends. f*** you. Members of the wedding party actually found out because of your tweet.

Death happens. Way of the world, unfortunately. But like this? I'm filled with so much rage

Dylan took inspiration from Nightcrawler. f***er should be blacklisted.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Dylan took inspiration from Nightcrawler. f***er should be blacklisted.
I think after he broke the Michkov news (6 weeks after it happened, but his sources told him it would happen that day, whatever the f*** he was saying) and now this? It's over for him. And it rightfully should be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad