NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
What a save SKINNER IS DIALED FOR GAME 7

GOALIE ASSIST

Florida is gonna do something hella stupid in these last 90 sec

Don't even bother sending the goat or Draisaitl out there

Reactions: BernieParent

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
$9m defenseman Darnell Nurse with his 2nd goal and 6th point of the playoffs. What a contract.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m just having trouble wrapping my mind around this.

First off it feels like it’s never going to end because it’s almost July, and it’s not to complain about the schedule, because I get it.

There’s just been so much weight in this series that it feels strange that they still have to play another game.

Today never felt like it was a game where the season could end. It felt like the next chapter, never the final one.

Both those teams gotta go out to Vegas and do the draft 4 days later lmao

Good thing LA didn’t sit on Dubois’ buyout.

Just crazy shit out there.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I’m just having trouble wrapping my mind around this.

First off it feels like it’s never going to end because it’s almost July, and it’s not to complain about the schedule, because I get it.

There’s just been so much weight in this series that it feels strange that they still have to play another game.

Today never felt like it was a game where the season could end. It felt like the next chapter, never the final one.

Both those teams gotta go out to Vegas and do the draft 4 days later lmao

Good thing LA didn’t sit on Dubois’ buyout.

Just crazy shit out there.
It probably doesn't help that we're dealing with a heat wave and watching hockey of all things. It'd be amusing to see what the ice would have looked like 30-40 years ago.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It probably doesn't help that we're dealing with a heat wave and watching hockey of all things. It'd be amusing to see what the ice would have looked like 30-40 years ago.
My air runs from like March

Though I gotta attempt to run tomorrow, hopefully I wake up early enough.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
God I hope McDavid goes off Monday. Just relentless all out skill and speed fest.
Or Hyman just for the memes. There are actually so many funny ways this can end.

Bob shuts them out and gets back on the case.

Perry does something silly to cause a Cup clinching goal.

etc.

edit: Absolute long play is that the Oilers win and we get the 31st which results in a pick that is crucial to the rebuild.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Or Hyman just for the memes. There are actually so many funny ways this can end.

Bob shuts them out and gets back on the case.

Perry does something silly to cause a Cup clinching goal.

etc.

edit: Absolute long play is that the Oilers win and we get the 31st which results in a pick that is crucial to the rebuild.
31: Dual sports hernias the next year
32: 3 time Norris trophy winner

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
31: Dual sports hernias the next year
32: 3 time Norris trophy winner
I forgot what team I'm following

edit: the more I reflect, the more I realize how true this is... but are we at a point where wishing for Florida to win actually dooms us? Is it just an infinite regress where whatever line we find ourselves in is doomed to fail?

I need a drink.

Last edited:
Reactions: BernieParent

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Everyone complains about the offside call but what do you actually want? Because we can't do away with the challenge altogether in case of another Duchene situation. Do you decide that it can only be overturned if its X inches offside? That just adds a new line that they will measuring millimeters from. No one wants to hear that the puck is offside but that its not offside enough, because the fact is that the play is either offside or it isn't. It beneifits the game when we remove subjectivity and human error from the officiating. No one would dare suggest we stop using reviews to make sure the puck crosses the goal line even if it is only by a millimeter.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Everyone complains about the offside call but what do you actually want? Because we can't do away with the challenge altogether in case of another Duchene situation. Do you decide that it can only be overturned if its X inches offside? That just adds a new line that they will measuring millimeters from. No one wants to hear that the puck is offside but that its not offside enough, because the fact is that the play is either offside or it isn't. It beneifits the game when we remove subjectivity and human error from the officiating. No one would dare suggest we stop using reviews to make sure the puck crosses the goal line even if it is only by a millimeter.
I'd say just put a time limit on the reviews. If you can't definitively tell in 90 seconds, default to the call on the ice. Give them 2-3 looks from each angle, then make the call. I can't stand watching the frame by frame of a puck drifting over the line while the 'rules expert' says "Gee I dunno this is a toughie" for five minutes straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad