NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Well, here we are again boys, the Bears are one win away from their second straight Calder Cup and have two cracks at home to finish the job. God willing I will finally see a team put a series away. Also I've been shut out from both games as HERCO decided to gouge and charge major league prices (read: $70-100 a seat) for minor league hockey. Kind of bummed I won't get the chance to see them win in person, if they do, after going to games all season and playoffs, but unfortunately I've got other stuff to pay off as well.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I'm pretty sure I was in Italy for the end of Bryz...was his 2012-2013 really that bad? His numbers aren't horrific?

Or did they just not want him in the building anymore?

I remember 2011-2012 he started off slow, but then got hot late? Playoffs were brutal, obviously.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
League executives say the Senators are also scouring the market to see if there’s any interest in defencemen Erik Brannstrom and Jacob Bernard-Docker.

*snip*

Brannstrom, a restricted free agent, requires a $2-million qualifying offer to retain his rights for free agency and the Senators are torn on whether they want to go that route.

Brannstrom is a hard yes if he's available as cheaply as that makes it seem. That's an effective soon to be 25 year old NHL Defenseman for peanuts.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
i thought trades n shit had to wait till after the end of the SC run by a day..

???

Normally teams refrain from moves because of an unofficial "No trades during cup" policy but in recent years an occasional one would happen (Usually minor)

This year though with the cup final going until nearly up to draft teams likely couldn't wait and wanted to get to work on offseason already

Cant say I blame them

Personally, I think NHL would be better off having big trades, etc. happen during off days of finals because attention for league is miniscule as is so a potential headline wouldn't be bad thing

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Normally teams refrain from moves because of an unofficial "No trades during cup" policy but in recent years an occasional one would happen (Usually minor)

This year though with the cup final going until nearly up to draft teams likely couldn't wait and wanted to get to work on offseason already

Cant say I blame them

Personally, I think NHL would be better off having big trades, etc. happen during off days of finals because attention for league is miniscule as is so a potential headline wouldn't be bad thing
oh so its not a rule... 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad