GDT: Preseason Game 4 - Habs vs Marlies+ 7 PM Est TSN2 ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He can't make Farrell bigger or faster
Indeed.

But his deficiencies have been clear from the start. IF, and it's a big IF, he eventually becomes an NHL regular, it won't be until he overcomes them.

That the Habs are still invested in him reflects their belief that he's earned the ongoing opportunity to develop. Not sure why that would upset anyone :dunno:

Reactions: Rapala

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Indeed.

But his deficiencies have been clear from the start. IF, and it's a big IF, he eventually becomes an NHL regular, it won't be until he overcomes them.

That the Habs are still invested in him reflects their belief that he's earned the ongoing opportunity to develop. Not sure why that would upset anyone :dunno:
I hope he develops into a solid player but I also know that having too many smallish players is not a recipe for playoff success.

I don't think we can.
It damn sure isn't a legacy that Therrien should be proud of.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I could see Mallioux and/or Reinbacher staying until Guhle is ready to return. Right now they would only have Savard and Barron to play the right side.

Very possible. But they do have LDs who play both sides. And they do have Struble not playing tonight. So for the next two games, they might go with:

Matheson - Barron
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Struble

But it is possible they will have one of Mailloux or Reinbacher stay to play an extra game.

Because everyone is trying hard to forget that legacy.

Crazy part is aside from the run to the final in 2021, the Habs had the most success under MT.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
As I mentioned earlier. Full line-up with a few guys getting final auditions. Unless a guy or two do so well, they warrant another game, I expect tonight will be the last preseason game for Beck, Condotta, Farrell, Davidson, Reinbacher, and Mailloux.
Unless Hughes does something completely unforeseen. :thumbu:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You're right. It's very possible he's focusing on playing a better defensive game because they know he can bring offense. I feel like Barron is also here to show his more defensive side this camp. And I think he's having a very good one.
I think Mailloux like Beck is auditioning for first call up.
I don't think he's had a great camp but I may be biased because of too much tire pumping in the media which always filters down here.
It never fails to get my goat.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Indeed.

They also want Farrell invested in them.
He started showing some decent chemistry with Beck and our offense is still very limited in Laval IMO.
We need his vision and play making ability.

Reactions: Miller Time

Cinemaforum

Jul 15, 2022
Our opening lineup d-core could be
Matheson-Reinbacher
Guhle-Hutson
Xhekaj-Savard

They're starting to put Hutson on his off side

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It is but pre season determines what vets, prospects can be part of the team longterm and if a player like Farrell is being discussed then everything is on the table? No?

Well, sure. Long-term the Habs clearly still see value on giving Farrell opportunity to develop... And rewarding effort & progress made by a 22 year old with pre-season action is perfectly aligned with that.

The post I replied to was upset about this and questioned the competence of doing so. I disagree.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Well, sure. Long-term the Habs clearly still see value on giving Farrell opportunity to develop... And rewarding effort & progress made by a 22 year old with pre-season action is perfectly aligned with that.

The post I replied to was upset about this and questioned the competence of doing so. I disagree.
"The post I replied to was upset about this and questioned the competence of doing so. I disagree."

Perhaps my reading comprehension needs work but I have no idea what this means.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I hope he develops into a solid player but I also know that having too many smallish players is not a recipe for playoff success.

It damn sure isn't a legacy that Therrien should be proud of.
True. But if he develops into an NHL player they can always trade him. He has had an AHL season so he should be given more chances than Tuch who is right out of college.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad