Minnesota Wild General Discussion X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I have no major complaints. Maybe swap Parise and Donato, but I don't think it's a game-changer.
The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines are there to be made now. Instead he has Parise, Ek, Sturm, and Donato in spots where they either haven't been good or have never played. Makes zero sense to bring Ek back into the lineup by asking him to play an entirely different game than he's capable of doing.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines are there to be made now. Instead he has Parise, Ek, Sturm, and Donato in spots where they either haven't been good or have never played. Makes zero sense to bring Ek back into the lineup by asking him to play an entirely different game than he's capable of doing.
There are no good options at 2C, but three better ones than Luke Johnson so I'll call it progress. I'll vote for keeping Rask on the 4th line, where he's been mostly good, and away from the 2nd, where he's looked lost. Ek and Sturm bring roughly the same things, but Ek has more experience at this level so I get letting him have the spot that neither player is suited for. They could flip Sturm and Rask, but I don't see the point.

I'd rather see Parise back with Fiala and see what Donato can do with Staal and Zuccarello, but I don't think it matters enough to get bent out of shape about.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
There are no good options at 2C, but three better ones than Luke Johnson so I'll call it progress. I'll vote for keeping Rask on the 4th line, where he's been mostly good, and away from the 2nd, where he's looked lost. Ek and Sturm bring roughly the same things, but Ek has more experience at this level so I get letting him have the spot that neither player is suited for. They could flip Sturm and Rask, but I don't see the point.

I'd rather see Parise back with Fiala and see what Donato can do with Staal and Zuccarello, but I don't think it matters enough to get bent out of shape about.
Parise - Donato - Fiala was scoring better than a goal a game.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I wouldve put Parise-Donato-Fiala back together and let Hartman or Mayhew play with Staal and Lizard, but progress is progress

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

Are you serious? Parise will never accept that a kid takes his spot, he'll go to the media again :laugh:

Reactions: Mickey the mouse

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Jackets fan here. Did Granlund play mostly wing or center for you guys? Trying to see if he could be the answer to our search for a 2c.

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Jackets fan here. Did Granlund play mostly wing or center for you guys? Trying to see if he could be the answer to our search for a 2c.
The Granlund that was in Minnesota hasn’t existed in a while. But he was a winger

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
The Granlund that was in Minnesota hasn’t existed in a while. But he was a winger

In what way? Has he gotten worse?

Looking at his points, it looks like he has been unimpressive since moving to Nashville.

Has this board fessed up and admitted they were completely wrong about trading him?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
In what way? Has he gotten worse?

Looking at his points, it looks like he has been unimpressive since moving to Nashville.

Has this board fessed up and admitted they were completely wrong about trading him?

A lot of people were more in favor of trading him than extending him. It was the return that got people all riled up.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
He'd be a bad acquisition if you want a 2C.

If you want a top-6 winger that you can play with a finisher? Very good target in free agency.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Victor Rask plays the 'Hero,' then drops 'best speech of the...

Already the top team in the NHL since Nov. 14, the Wild added to their league-leading points total (30) since that date Friday night by getting goals from six different scorers in an exciting 6-4 win over the Avalanche at a rocking Pepsi Center. Remember, this balanced team that has scored the most goals in the NHL (90) since Nov. 5 also got goals from eight different scorers three games earlier in a win at Arizona.
That right there is just insane considering the horrendous start to the season this team had!

Dubnyk looks sharp

Despite giving up four goals, Dubnyk was just outstanding with 40 saves. Three of the goals were deflected or redirected, and the other was a terrific individual effort by Gabriel Landeskog.
Dubnyk is now 3-0 since returning to the lineup after missing a month. The past two wins came with no practices in advance of the games.
Dubs is definitely playing a much better game than before his leave of absence!

Looks like Koivu is coming back soon...
Rookie Nico Sturm got impressive responsibility from Boudreau late in the game in just his fifth game all season.

“How about Sturm?” Boudreau said unsolicited. “I think he was (7-2) on faceoffs. He was dynamite. He works so hard. He’s tough to play against.”

Captain Mikko Koivu has missed 11 games with a lower-body injury, but he’s expected to practice Saturday and return at some point on the upcoming homestand. With Rask playing so well, Sturm could be Iowa-bound soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wild11MN

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018

Kind of crazy to think how fast the 2010s went. One thing I hope we find soon is another Koivu who plays their career here over the course of 15 years.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota

Kind of crazy to think how fast the 2010s went. One thing I hope we find soon is another Koivu who plays their career here over the course of 15 years.

Looking at Parise' adjusted numbers (ie Healthy 82g pace) will always be a big what if for me. Crazy to see Staal in the top 10 with only 3 1/2 seasons played.

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
We are 1 point away from 25th (7OA). The team’s shooting percentage was never going to hold. It’s not too late to tank

Reactions: DANOZ28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad