Minnesota Wild General Discussion X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Assuming the same injuries for a few more games:

Anas/Mayhew - Staal - Zuccarello
Parise - Donato - Fiala
Greenway - Sturm - Kunin
Foligno - Rask - Hartman

The bottom 3 lines have all had some success together and have clear roles. Boudreau would have two strong checking lines that aren't offensive black holes and one pure scoring line. He'd have to be careful with the deployments, but again that should be easier at home.

Zucker's a big loss, but Staal and Zuccarello have had strong enough chemistry that the third player on that line shouldn't need to be spectacular. Tom Kurvers admitted in his interview with Russo that the reason Anas hasn't been called up is because he's just not a bottom-6 player and there hasn't been an opportunity for him at top-6 wing yet. I'd argue that the same is more or less true for Mayhew; it hasn't stopped them from calling him up, but he's also not suited for a checking role. Give either guy their shot and see how it goes.

If they need to shorten the bench late, take the best guy that night from the 2nd line and move them up with Staal.

Hell, can we pull Beckman out of the WHL for a couple weeks (keep it under 9 games)?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
If zucc is elite why not throw donato on that line since he has a quality shot? I cant watch a single game but I assume he doesn't look that great at center??

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If zucc is elite why not throw donato on that line since he has a quality shot? I cant watch a single game but I assume he doesn't look that great at center??

The couple games he played between Parise and Fiala weren’t that bad. He’s definitely not going to be a center for any meaningful amount of time in the future, but while Koivu and Ek are out, it’s a better option than Luke Johnson at center.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
He doesn't look great at center, but for some weird reason Parise - Donato - Fiala has worked fine as a line. Not ideal, but under the circumstances there's zero reason to avoid using it.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
The couple games he played between Parise and Fiala weren’t that bad. He’s definitely not going to be a center for any meaningful amount of time in the future, but while Koivu and Ek are out, it’s a better option than Luke Johnson at center.
He doesn't look great at center, but for some weird reason Parise - Donato - Fiala has worked fine as a line. Not ideal, but under the circumstances there's zero reason to avoid using it.
I understand for the time being him at C works but if we want him top line wing potential shouldn't we attempt him there? bb already is willing to break that line up.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I understand for the time being him at C works but if we want him top line wing potential shouldn't we attempt him there? bb already is willing to break that line up.
I'd have no problem putting Donato in Zucker's spot, I'm just not sure who would play 2C. Johnson was (somehow) worse than Rask at it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Sturm deserves more of a look. If nothing else, i think he will be a decent 4th line C. Like Soucy, he is an older, 4 years college player, so he has a more mature body.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I'm not upset, in fact I'm still on the floor trying to pick myself up.

Seriously, if you want the best for the team you simply don't split the very productive Staal & Lizard duo.

Fiala has no business on the top line, or Hartman for that matter.
I don’t know how you have this idea in your head that Zuccarello is some savior, but he’s like our 5th best forward. Fiala does deserve top line minutes, and the rationale behind putting Hartman on the line is a new concept that’s called spreading that talent. One line teams don’t do anything in this league, and we win with depth. I have no issue swapping Zuccarello and Fiala in the lines, but you have to realize that Zuccarello has been a disappointment since coming here.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don’t know how you have this idea in your head that Zuccarello is some savior, but he’s like our 5th best forward. Fiala does deserve top line minutes, and the rationale behind putting Hartman on the line is a new concept that’s called spreading that talent. One line teams don’t do anything in this league, and we win with depth. I have no issue swapping Zuccarello and Fiala in the lines, but you have to realize that Zuccarello has been a disappointment since coming here.
Zuccarello is right there with Fiala as the 2nd best forward on the team. He had a terrible start, but is nowhere near being a disapointment

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Evolving Hockey fixed their charts for rolling team numbers, and I thought these three summed up the season so far pretty well.

Expected Goals - Team's bread and butter, but the recent injuries have hurt.
qDzWScp.png

Save % - All over the ****ing place
nHR82ik.png

Shooting % - To Infinity, and Beyond!
7JNneIi.png
I don't remember anything from math class that was suppose to help me decipher this.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I figured that part out. I was just confused because there are 10 different colored lines and no reference to what is what.
Yeah, it's kind of a mess. I could've left the phantom lines for the other teams off but I figured it helped give a sense of scale, especially for the sh% one.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad