Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Joe Smith just ran a lengthy piece on Gustavsson for Athletic, referring to him as "potential game 1 starter".

Doubt they would be doing that if they had insider information on MAF being the starter.
Russo has also mentioned Gus as possibly getting game 1. Nothing official has been said. The only thing that is slowly being made clear is that they are going to use both guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sad People

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Calling Gus the "potential starter" is still a little irksome, but I guess I'll wait until they take the ice to have actual thoughts.

I was listening to Russo last week and he mentioned the Wild were a "finalist" for a B1G center who hasn't signed. I want to say Michigan, Tech, or another Michigan school

Anyone know who he was talking about?
Michigan Tech isn't a B1G school.

It's probably Jaxon Nelson.

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
Calling Gus the "potential starter" is still a little irksome, but I guess I'll wait until they take the ice to have actual thoughts.

Michigan Tech isn't a B1G school.

It's probably Jaxon Nelson.
I know they're not B1G but I remember possibly hearing "Michigan" but none of the centers matched up on the Wolverines.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
The fact that Ek is working out gives me some optimism. I feel like it it were something significant he wouldnt even be doing that.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Ek got hurt on 4/6 and was declared week-to-week. It's already been 1 week. Game 6 of round 1 would probably be ~2.5 weeks after 4/6, give or take? Possible option, maybe, of a last ditch effort to extend the series if we're down 3-2 knowing the rest of the off season is ahead if necessary.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Ek got hurt on 4/6 and was declared week-to-week. It's already been 1 week. Game 6 of round 1 would probably be ~2.5 weeks after 4/6, give or take? Possible option, maybe, of a last ditch effort to extend the series if we're down 3-2 knowing the rest of the off season is ahead if necessary.
Meh, let's let him rest a bit longer while we destroy our first round opponent. He can come back for Game 1 of the 2nd round. :naughty:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Gaudreau resigned for 5 years, $10.2m total

I don’t hate it…
Seems a bit long but there doesn’t seem to be any protections so… whatever

Reactions: Sad People

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta