Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm still not sure Hartman should be required to get out of Ehlers' way. He certainly didn't put himslef unnecessarily into his way, he just played the puck. The video looks worse because he was bracing for contact and you don't see him make the short pass a second before the collision.
Yeah, I didn't get to see that live, and thought it looked very dirty on the first replay. Then they zoomed out and showed that he had the puck not even a second earlier. Hartman definitely wanted it to happen, but he's also entitled to his ice. I don't know, I'm very curious where the line should be drawn there.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yeah, I didn't get to see that live, and thought it looked very dirty on the first replay. Then they zoomed out and showed that he had the puck not even a second earlier. Hartman definitely wanted it to happen, but he's also entitled to his ice. I don't know, I'm very curious where the line should be drawn there.
It was really just a more violent version of the BS penalty Eriksson Ek got on the power play a little while back, when he was just standing still on the blue line and got run into by a guy skating backwards.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Did they say what the suspension was for? I'm wondering what infraction justifies it.

I'm guessing it was the fairly elusive "You Can't Do That" penalty, but I've only seen that get two minutes before, never any supplemental discipline.

Reactions: Sweetnut

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Seems like they just explain why it's interference, not why it's worthy of a suspension on top of the penalty.

I'm pretty confused

He "stops abruptly" but also "moves sharply into Ehlers path" and forces a collision with an "unsuspecting Ehlers" but Ehlers is staring at him the whole time.

Guy plays the puck and then doesn't move and Ehlers skates straight into him. Hartman could have tried moving to avoid it but he also doesn't have an obligation to.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023

Seems like they just explain why it's interference, not why it's worthy of a suspension on top of the penalty.

That is pretty weak sauce. Is he supposed to go up in thin air and just disappear into oblivion? He must have the right to exist, no? Why is Ehlers allowed to skate right into him and get him suspended?
Wild should use that trick in playoffs, just randomly skate into people and get them suspended. I don´t get it.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
It seems to be ok to violently crosscheck people, as long as it is in a crease scrum, like Letang who beat Sunny up with repeated violent hits when he wa laying on the ice.
Or in the end of a game when the 5 minute major dosen´t make any difference, just target the opponents star player and crosscheck him to the hospital. A small fine, but no suspension.
Bollocks

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Or when Scheifele sent Jake Evans out on a stretcher and got the four game suspension.

Or when Stanley boarded Derek Ryan into the boards face first looking at the numbers the whole way.

Or when Dubois did whatever the f*** this is:

Or when Stanley jumped on top of Kaprizov.

Or when Dustin Byfuglien's entire career.

Or when Pionk went blatant knee on knee on Sandin.

Or when Pionk took a cross check at Johansson's ribs way after the play.

It's a culture thing there and I have no sympathy for any dirty or illegal hits against them or any injuries sustained by them. That's the game they like to play so you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

How the f*** is Ehlers hit on Kaprizov not interference? That’s what I want to know. The puck has left Kaprizov’s stick for longer than the puck left Hartman’s stick in the neutral zone. Not to mention he went way out of his way to make that contact happen, whereas Hartman just stood and braced himself

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

Thanks for posting that. After watching it, I actually agree with the NHL about this being interference. I think I'm left to infer that it's a suspension because it was committed while Ehlers was in a vulnerable position, as they mention his position, but don't explicitly say that's what the suspension is for.

Overall, I think this suspension is earned. (putting aside the non-suspensions on the Jets)

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Possibly ….I think Doobs was purely a product of the system and went on a heater for a bit like many goalies do. Gus looks like a legit 1A goalie. His rebound control is something awesome to watch after being subjected to the crappie for 2 years now.
No idea if it can continue, but Gus>Flower>Doobs. Doob made some stops but fairly often let in a softie,
Gus has not done that. Steady, not flukey. no head scratchers

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It seems to be ok to violently crosscheck people, as long as it is in a crease scrum, like Letang who beat Sunny up with repeated violent hits when he wa laying on the ice.
Or in the end of a game when the 5 minute major dosen´t make any difference, just target the opponents star player and crosscheck him to the hospital. A small fine, but no suspension.
Bollocks
I've been complaining about cross checks for years. The most egregious foul ignored by the refs that shortens players careers.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I've been complaining about cross checks for years. The most egregious foul ignored by the refs that shortens players careers.
It’s all lower back shit too , just brutal and the players know exactly what they are doing

Reactions: TaLoN

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
I was listening to Russo last week and he mentioned the Wild were a "finalist" for a B1G center who hasn't signed. I want to say Michigan, Tech, or another Michigan school

Anyone know who he was talking about?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I was listening to Russo last week and he mentioned the Wild were a "finalist" for a B1G center who hasn't signed. I want to say Michigan, Tech, or another Michigan school

Anyone know who he was talking about?
I remember Russo saying something about Jason Polin from Western Michigan who ended up signing with COL

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Joe Smith just ran a lengthy piece on Gustavsson for Athletic, referring to him as "potential game 1 starter".

Doubt they would be doing that if they had insider information on MAF being the starter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad