Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
What exactly does Darby coach here anyway? Is he only on the bench because of pictures he's holding against someone? He's survived 4 coaching changes....
A feel good story. Ties to the expansion team from year 1. And yes, he has polaroids on somebody. He's had them for years.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
A feel good story. Ties to the expansion team from year 1. And yes, he has polaroids on somebody. He's had them for years.

But who? He's been around longer than anyone else.

Reactions: TaLoN

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I could see either of Zucc or Foligno being moved this offseason
why-not-both-why-not.gif

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
I still think we trade kap for the number 1 pick. Get rid of Crappie and the rest of old guys. Start a rebuild this one and done stuff is getting old.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
Kaprizov, Rossi, a 1st and 2024 second. Blow it all up and build a winning team.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
What if we throw in Boldy Faber and Ek? Is there a point someone says yes?
There is a few conditions that need to be met for this to happen, which makes it essentially impossible. 1) a team that feels it can go deep into the playoffs with the move but also bad enough to have the #1 overall pick, 2) has the cap space short and long term to take on all the new contracts as well as don't mind losing out on a 1st line forward on an ELC contract and 3) have enough expiring contracts to fit all those new players in.

So unless the team with the #1 overall pick got that pick from a trade (where the initial team thought they would go big at the deadline but flopped the following season) - it's not going to happen.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
We aren’t getting Bedard but it would be nice to get a RHS forward in the system at some point

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would let Johansson and Klingberg go, try to sign Nyquist, if he'll have us.

Trade Foligno for sure, trade Zuccarello if you can (I'd retain money to get some value in return), and hire a coach who understands Fleury doesn't need to play 46 games (don't think you can trade him, he won't retire, it is what it is).

Kaprizov-Hartman-Nyquist
X-Ek-Boldy
X-Gaudreau-X
Duhaime-Dewar-X

Brodin-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Merrill/Goligoski (I guess)-Addison

Gus
Fleury

Walker/Beckman/maybe Rossi can try to fill in the X's in the middle six, or you could sign some free agents with the cap space you get from Foligno and Zuccarello disappearing. Maybe you even get some younger replacements for their spots in their trades.

For the record it would be great if Rossi could fill in on that top line and bump Hartman down to the third line, but I'm not holding my breath for that yet.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This round was a carbon copy of last postseason. Special teams were costly. It's time to clean out the coaching staff. All of them.
I agree, and remember, the year before that we lost to Vancouver. To add spice to the whole situation, the next two years we will have our worst cap penalty situation ever... thanks, NHL!

The whole "having a great dressing room" doesn't mean shit, obviously. We just have a bunch of very well paid, comfortable players who don't do a damn thing when it matters.

Evason and his staff have to go. Some players have to go. Time for a rebuild. I know it sucks with Kaprizov here, but what is happening now just isn't working. We don't have cap space or high end prospects in house(Faber excepted, but he will be replacing Dumba) to make an immediate impact as soon as next year.

At this point, every player, and coach, should consider themselves expendable. Losers should expect nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad