Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
People aren't going to like hearing it, but any result better than what we saw was probably overachieving.

The buyouts are a real handicap that gets amplified when you're playing another good team 4-7 times in a row. Add in Eriksson Ek's absence and Kaprizov's hindrance, the fact that Dallas had at least 3 of the best 4 players on either team (even if everybody was healthy), and any depth advantage against a lot of teams isn't really one against Dallas when they have Benn, Marchment, Johnston and Dadonov playing down the lineup.

I was only a little joking when I picked Dallas in 4. Losing in 5 or 6 games seemed about right.

Anyway, it could be worse. We could be the best regular season of all time that went all-in on this year's team, and is about to blow a 3-1 series lead against a #8 seed.

A 10M a year stud center would certainly change some things and push some guys down the lineup in a great way.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
The team should have gotten rid of a lot of cap this year. It was a complete waste of a year that cost us significantly. Should have moved Foligno and Middleton. Should have traded Dumba for anything instead of letting him walk for nothing. Just absolute piss poor management. It’s like they thought they had a chance when every single person here who isn’t a know nothing homer could see and feel what was coming.

Seriously what changed with the team in Vegas? They almost had me bought it fully. Of course now we know that Winnipeg or Seattle would have steam rolled us too so there’s that.

Reactions: lordtrillson

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
The odds of losing 8 best of 7 series in a row are quite steep. Even considering each individual matchup and assigning it odds based on specific circumstances it’s still something it the 1 in 150-200 range. How anyone can say it’s not a MN curse is beyond me. The odds of all 4 of our major sports markets exhibiting this level of post season ineptitude is astronomical. Almost f***ing impossible.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The odds of losing 8 best of 7 series in a row are quite steep. Even considering each individual matchup and assigning it odds based on specific circumstances it’s still something it the 1 in 150-200 range. How anyone can say it’s not a MN curse is beyond me. The odds of all 4 of our major sports markets exhibiting this level of post season ineptitude is astronomical. Almost f***ing impossible.
You know it's not random, so the "odds" mean nothing right?

Reactions: Wild11MN

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
You know it's not random, so the "odds" mean nothing right?
Yes , randomizing it would have equated to 1 in 256 ….I spent 5 minutes looking at each matchup and assumed something much lower. The odds are still very high

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yes , randomizing it would have equated to 1 in 256 ….I spent 5 minutes looking at each matchup and assumed something much lower. The odds are still very high
You can't just make up numbers when actual decisions and actions cause the results.

Odds have literally nothing to do with anything.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
No functioning adult actually believes in curses.

What if believing in sports curses makes them real? Maybe we need to get a witch in here to break the curse and free all the mn teams from this thing? I know at least one guy will chip in to hire one but no clue where to start looking or accurately do a background check on their curse lifting skills.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
What if believing in sports curses makes them real? Maybe we need to get a witch in here to break the curse and free all the mn teams from this thing? I know at least one guy will chip in to hire one but no clue where to start looking or accurately do a background check on their curse lifting skills.
I swear to god my former mother in law is a witch. So maybe she could be lured to make some kind of macabre dance to break the spell?

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Every single game can be assigned odds , any series of game can be analyzed and assigned probability for any set of outcomes. To claim otherwise is 100% incorrect

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
We should've guessed that though.
Last year? Do it die game 6 adjustment was Kulikov in on the 3rd pair for Goligoski.
Yeah I’m not surprised it’s just annoying… you can clearly see who is playing well and who isn’t and he continues to just give minutes to underproducing players

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Every single game can be assigned odds , any series of game can be analyzed and assigned probability for any set of outcomes. To claim otherwise is 100% incorrect
I said the odds have zero impact on the result. You can assign them all you want, they mean absolutely nothing to the outcome.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
But it's kind of what you did. At least start with some Vegas odds and calculate the witchcraft and math.

I think many of us know one of those, if only we could harness their power for good
I did that

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I did that
Which still means absolutely nothing. Vegas odds are set based solely on getting the most balanced "action" from gamblers. It does not impact game results.

You can claim probabilities all you want, but decisions and actions define results, not probabilities.
The problem isn't some mysterious outside force. It's ineptitude from those on the inside.

Probability isn't going to make a bad decision suddenly good, just because the team has lost so much in the post season in the past. A bad decision remains bad period. Probability be damned. Thus the odds actually mean absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: MuckOG

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Is any Wild players going to play the World Championship tournament in Finland? Starts may 12, ends may 28. It is unlikely any players without contracts is going and I don´t see anyone good enough to get a spot, except maybe Zuke.
Anyone here interested in watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad