Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Is any Wild players going to play the World Championship tournament in Finland? Starts may 12, ends may 28. It is unlikely any players without contracts is going and I don´t see anyone good enough to get a spot, except maybe Zuke.
Anyone here interested in watching?
Boldy and Merrill went last year, with Merrill getting injured in the tournament and the US team generally being non competitive, I could see most of our guys skipping to get started on rest and training for next season. But maybe Faber goes just due to his history supporting US hockey and to get more games in. Not sure what the Swedes will do, but I feel like most of them were dealing with injuries too and may prefer the rest.

I don’t plan on watching much at all, North America doesn’t take it seriously at all, and it looks especially poor for the US this year. The Finnish start times don’t help for me either.

Reactions: Sweetnut

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Just a few notes from Russo today. There is one thing that jumps out at me though. We now know that Ek was put out there in Game 3 with a broken fibula. I question who on the medical staff thought that would be a good idea. But now we find out that Dumba got a concussion in Game 6. But based on his comments, it was his friend Brodin who tried to block him from playing in the 3rd period...where was the medical staff? Or did Dumba not speak up?

Reactions: JBurd1

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
But now we find out that Dumba got a concussion in Game 6. But based on his comments, it was his friend Brodin who tried to block him from playing in the 3rd period...where was the medical staff? Or did Dumba not speak up?

His concussion also apparently happened immediately before the Marchment breakaway goal, so I guess that kind of excuses his lack of effort getting back on defense there.

But yeah, I know it's playoff hockey and guys wanna be tough, but come on. We need smarter decision makers.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
His concussion also apparently happened immediately before the Marchment breakaway goal, so I guess that kind of excuses his lack of effort getting back on defense there.

But yeah, I know it's playoff hockey and guys wanna be tough, but come on. We need smarter decision makers.
Is it possible dean Evason and Guerin pressure guys to play? Because its seems to be a thing not only with wild, but other teams. Only in nhl does this happen

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Is it possible dean Evason and Guerin pressure guys to play? Because its seems to be a thing not only with wild, but other teams. Only in nhl does this happen
Personally, it just feels like a lack of discipline/desperate feeling in the air. With the lack of confidence to beat Dallas, everyone's gripping their sticks a little harder, the coaches are griding their teeth a bit more, and injuries that maybe one might say "I can sit it out until I recover for the next round" is just toughing it out just a bit more, being a bit desperate to do their part while the coaching/management also similarly desperate and not looking to convince players to NOT play.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
It says a lot to the team buy in that so many guys were trying to give it a go, you know that every team has these kinds of things going on this time of year, but it doesn't make it any easier to see them out of the playoffs without being able to play to the best of their abilities. Just a whole bunch of what ifs, which pretty much sums up the better part of the last decade for this team.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Just a few notes from Russo today. There is one thing that jumps out at me though. We now know that Ek was put out there in Game 3 with a broken fibula. I question who on the medical staff thought that would be a good idea. But now we find out that Dumba got a concussion in Game 6. But based on his comments, it was his friend Brodin who tried to block him from playing in the 3rd period...where was the medical staff? Or did Dumba not speak up?

Say this for Brodin, say he's a good friend.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Say this for Brodin, say he's a good friend.
I read the article and took it as Brodin talked to him right away coming off the ice and he knew it. He told Dumba he wasn’t going to let him get hurt any worse and alerted the staff right away. Not that Dumba was going to keep it quiet, any more than the staff was going to ignore it.

Brodin did the right thing, Wild did too by holding him out after being alerted by Brodin.

Reactions: 57special

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Russo asked Guerin in the live EOY press conference about any coaching changes, and Guerin just said he hasn't gotten to that point yet and they are constantly evaluating. So... no news yet basically.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Okay, here me out. We SIT Zucc for the first half of the season, so he can be healthy enough in the second half of the year to help out when it matters most. Or how about we sit him the whole season, so he's ready to go in the postseason? Yeah, yeah...let's LTIR him next year. Then BOOM! He's ready to go for Game 1. Worked for Vegas.

Every damn postseason, guys. It's infuriating at this point.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Okay, here me out. We SIT Zucc for the first half of the season, so he can be healthy enough in the second half of the year to help out when it matters most. Or how about we sit him the whole season, so he's ready to go in the postseason? Yeah, yeah...let's LTIR him next year. Then BOOM! He's ready to go for Game 1. Worked for Vegas.

Every damn postseason, guys. It's infuriating at this point.
That would be hilarious, because you know the league would finally step in at that point and ream us again while everyone else gets away scott free.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Some interesting stuff here.

"The Wild would like to explore the options of re-signing defenseman John Klingberg and forwards Gustav Nyquist and Oskar Sundqvist, all pending unrestricted free agents acquired prior to the 2023 NHL Trade Deadline on March 3."

If Gus gets $3M, that would be ~$1.1M average for Nyquist, Klingberg and Sundqvist and push us right up next to the cap. Seems awfully low for Nyquist. The other two I could see in that area.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
If Gus gets $3M, that would be ~$1.1M average for Nyquist, Klingberg and Sundqvist and push us right up next to the cap. Seems awfully low for Nyquist. The other two I could see in that area.
Indeed. Key to make it work is if they can somehow get rid of Zuke and Foligno. That would free another $ 9,1 M

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't see any reason to bring Klingberg back. Unless it's under 1M.

Sundqvist, fine whatever, good bottom six guy. Can hopefully replace Foligno.
Nyquist, yes please. Top six winger that was underutilized here, would love to get him reps with Boldy or Kaprizov to see what that does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad