Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
How do you manage to bring Fleury into every conversation? Did he chop Ek in the leg?
Cause you know damn well Crappie man is gonna start game 1 and 2. SMH this team is already f***ed in round one, unless rossi plays 30 mins night on both ends of the ice standing on his head on the bench we still get beat 4-1

Start dumba 1c

If i was EK id ask for trade asap! Dude gets used up in south minnesota.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Cause you know damn well Crappie man is gonna start game 1 and 2. SMH this team is already f***ed in round one, unless rossi plays 30 mins night on both ends of the ice standing on his head on the bench we still get beat 4-1

Start dumba 1c

If i was EK id ask for trade asap! Dude gets used up in south minnesota.
d97fca4c05f75f6bb2952eb621556732_w200.gif

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Youre being naive if you think Flower is starting game 1. Were in this position today because of Gus bus and his play. If by some crazy out there universe he does ive lost all faith in this coaching staff.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Youre being naive if you think Flower is starting game 1. Were in this position today because of Gus bus and his play. If by some crazy out there universe he does ive lost all faith in this coaching staff.
So exactly like last year when Talbot had wildly outplayed Fluery and we still got Fluery.

What's this week's lottery numbers? You seem to know the future.
Kreskin7ben

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
So exactly like last year when Talbot had wildly outplayed Fluery and we still got Fluery.
lol I knew this was coming from you. Theres no way you can compare the way Gus has played for us this year to the way Talbot played for us last year.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
lol I knew this was coming from you. Theres no way you can compare the way Gus has played for us this year to the way Talbot played for us last year.
You certainly can compare their numbers from the date of the Fluery trade through the start of the playoffs. Talbot was on fire and Fluery was horrible. Literally terrible

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You certainly can compare their numbers from the date of the Fluery trade through the start of the playoffs. Talbot was on fire and Fluery was horrible. Literally terrible
For what... 13 games? Not like Fleury was playing terrible in that stretch.
The Wild had to trade for Fleury for a reason though remember. Talbot was brutal most of the year.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Those 2 situations arent comparable for me.

This year Gus has been nothing short of outstanding for us. Hes earned the right to start the playoffs and will.

Talbot was on a nice little streak towards the end of the year last year but thats who he was and thats inconsistent. Hed play well then completely crap the bed, Same can be said for Flower. To me no goalie "earned" the right to start the playoffs so he went with the goalie who won the Vezina trophy the previous year and hope he would catch lightning in a bottle and go on a run.

Now should he of let Flower continue to start after his performances in the playoffs? Absolutely not. Dean screwed up in that department.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
We were never going to make a run. I’ll consider this season a success if Rossi scores a goal.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
@Sad People @f7ben

Your arguments got me curious, so let's actually compare them all.

Cam Talbot's 2022 hot streak encompassed his final 15 games of the regular season, and started on 3/8/22, which was half a month before the Wild traded for Fleury, contrary to the popular belief that Fleury kickstarted Talbot.

2022 final 15 for Talbot: 12-0-3, .920
2022 all-Wild games for Fleury: 9-2-0, .910

2023 last 15 games for Gustavsson: 9-1-5, .943
2023 last 15 games for Fleury 9-5-1, .918

My takeaway from this is that while Fleury is playing better, the gap has also grown in how much he's being outplayed in his platoon. Also, I don't know how anyone in their right mind could sit a .943 goalie in the playoffs. I would have serious reservations bout bringing Evason back if these numbers hold up and Evason doesn't start Gus.

Reactions: Sad People

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
@Sad People @f7ben

Cam Talbot's 2022 hot streak encompassed his final 15 games of the regular season, and started on 3/8/22, which was half a month before the Wild traded for Fleury, contrary to the popular belief that Fleury kickstarted Talbot.

My takeaway from this is that while Fleury is playing better, the gap has also grown in how much he's being outplayed in his platoon. Also, I don't know how anyone in their right mind could sit a .943 goalie in the playoffs. I would have serious reservations bout bringing Evason back if these numbers hold up and Evason doesn't start Gus.

With .918 and .910 save percentages, it's not even like Fleury is playing poorly. Likely just looks so compared to the .943 that Gus is sporting in the last 15 games.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
@Sad People @f7ben

So you basically are confirming what i was saying,

Agreed on your last statement. I like Dean but if he goes with Flower im not going to be as strong as a supporter for him at all.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

Honestly, the goalies are the least of our problems. If we lose a series, it'll be due to next to nothing down the middle and too many guys being passengers. Freaking out about the goalies is crazy at this point.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Honestly, the goalies are the least of our problems. If we lose a series, it'll be due to next to nothing down the middle and too many guys being passengers. Freaking out about the goalies is crazy at this point.

Yes but no.

Just because they're not the biggest problem, or even top three, doesn't mean it can't become a problem. Gus has consistently given us the better chance to win all season. Even their last 10 games, Gus is at 20 goals allowed and a .941 sv%, and Fleury is at 27 goals allowed and a .922 sv%. Just because Fleury hasn't been bad doesn't mean he deserves any kind of rotation. Remember, this a merit based system, right? Not a country club nepotism based system? At least that's what we were all told.

And if the rest of the roster is as dire a situation as you're saying, that extra .7 goals against per game and .019 sv% could be the difference between a series loss and a series win.

It's the playoffs. You play your best players. This isn't the time for ego stroking. The only time Fleury should be starting is if Gus needs a rest.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011

Weirdly enough, this alternating approach would have been reasonable last year when they went all-in on Fleury.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad