Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
It’s called having a little success and getting the monkey off their back. Can you imagine the psyche of a team that knows their predecessors legacy and then knows their own ineptitude and then goes to the playoffs again and gets blasted in 4-5 games by a barely above average opponent just like last year? Might as well blow it up after that becomes the norm because you’ll never get that stench off them. I’d have preferred them not make it at all vs backing in and getting drubbed in the first round again.

I think the bigger psyche issues are with the fans.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I think the bigger psyche issues are with the fans.
Well we are the ones who have had to suffer with 33 years of the worst 4 sport playoff performance in the history of mankind in this god forsaken cursed state. It’s no mystery why anyone with a brain older than 40 is full of apathy and bitterness.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well we are the ones who have had to suffer with 33 years of the worst 4 sport playoff performance in the history of mankind in this god forsaken cursed state. It’s no mystery why anyone with a brain older than 40 is full of apathy and bitterness.
What is this we? Some of us have been blessed with a Super Bowl and NBA Championship in the last 15 years :)

north21

May 1, 2014
MN

It just goes to show you that sports are overrated, if not a well thought out torcher device.

Reactions: Sad People

teon

Nov 2, 2013
I thought that was due to your Norwegian ancestry.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
If fleury gets the start in the playoffs it will be a quick series. Might win 2 games at least with bus in nets.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I thought that was due to your Norwegian ancestry.
I’m polish!!!

If fleury gets the start in the playoffs it will be a quick series. Might win 2 games at least with bus in nets.
Fluery is just not calm and unless he goes out and just starts robbing people the team doesn’t look as confident in front of him as they do Gus.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Gus will get the start in game 1 of the series, i just hope they dont go the tandem route and stick with Gus especially if he does well. We gotta the the Gus bus.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

What’ll most be interesting is how the Wild handle the Eriksson Ek injury if he’s to miss significant time.

Kaprizov’s return would bump Sam Steel off that line. If it’s a short-term injury to Eriksson Ek, the Wild could move Steel to second-line center. If it’s long term, it’s got to be time to recall Marco Rossi from AHL Iowa.

What more can he do in Iowa before giving him a chance again in Minnesota after a disappointing start to his season (one assist in 16 games) after leading the NHL in preseason points? Since being demoted in November, Rossi has 16 goals on 127 shots and 49 points in 49 games, and he has 33 points in his past 31 games.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
According to Russo, Ek is week-to-week. That's bad, but it sure could be worse than that. Broken leg and he's be out for the season.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Sure wish Rossi would have got a few games when he was just an option earlier in the season as opposed to, basically, a need now as we head on into the playoffs.

Hoping for the best!

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Sure wish Rossi would have got a few games when he was just an option earlier in the season as opposed to, basically, a need now as we head on into the playoffs.

Hoping for the best!
The question is, do you stick Rossi on line 2 or slide Gaudreau up and Rossi on line 3? I know what most of us would do, but will Evason?

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Hoping for the best!
If Rossi is ready, he's ready. Very curious to see how he does this time round.

I would caution most on here that there is a definite acclimatization period, though, especially for D and and Centers. The fact that Marco has played with Boldy before can't hurt, nor will his facility on the PP, though he can't play JEE's role there very well. He will not be effective as a mucker in front of the net.... more of a puck distributor like Zucc.
I think they'll move Hartman up to the #1PP, who can approximate what JEE does, and have Rossi play on PP#2.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I’m excited to see Rossi this go around, from what I have seen, he’s made pretty good improvement in adapting to the professional game, hopefully he can translate it, we really need some help without JEE.

Reactions: 57special
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad